Senior Vice President, Global Health & Corporate Responsibility
GCI Health is seeking a Senior Vice President, Global Health and Corporate Responsibility, to join its rapidly growing team responsible for agency’s global public health and social impact work, leading global strategic communications, policy and advocacy efforts, including stakeholder engagement and campaigns, for some of the worlds largest healthcare companies, non-profits and foundations. The ideal candidate will have strong understanding of the evolving global health landscape and will be able to navigate seamlessly the intersection of public health, communications, advocacy and policy to inform a high-level of client counsel that situates efforts squarely within established agendas and emerging trends, while supporting organizational objectives.
You will be responsible for delivering exemplary client service, driving client growth in global health and social impact, and developing and growing our staff around the world. You will also be an active participant in global health new business pitches and provide insight to a variety of internal teams on the evolving global health agenda, including key trends and policies, across the global network.
You are a skilled and seasoned global health professional, with 10-12 years of experience in strategic communications, advocacy, public policy and corporate responsibility/social impact to advance progress against the evolving global health and sustainable development agenda. The ideal candidate will bring a breadth of experience across sectors, geographies and public health areas, and will have a strong understanding of client services, with exposure to/with communications agencies. You are a proven leader, a team player and an enthusiastic mentor to junior staff. You are proactive and eager to overcome systemic challenges to improve public health outcomes. Strong desire for candidates with working knowledge of French and/or Spanish.
We know we learn best when Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creative truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us.
- Lead global health programs and campaigns targeted at key stakeholders and decisionmakers, including global and national policymakers, advocacy organizations, the international community, donors and media.
- Demonstrate robust knowledge of core global health and development agendas (e.g., UHC, GHSA), including emerging trends in public health programming, financing and policies.
- Exhibit strong understanding of the international advocacy community across the global health space and how to appropriately engage partners across a variety of health areas, providing senior counsel to clients and leading engagement efforts on their behalf.
- Advise clients and internal teams on effective messaging to build and improve relationships with target audiences, including policymakers, the international community and the media, on a global scale.
- Lead thought leadership efforts for clients, advising and leveraging prominent global fora to place executives and their work at the center of the dialogue, showcasing leadership and boosting reputation.
- Distill complex global health issues into digestible and actionable insights.
- Partner with internal teams and clients to situate efforts within broader global health agendas and policy debates.
- Contribute to and lead GCI Health thought leadership initiatives, including quarterly newsletter and external speaker series, among others.
Corporate Responsibility & Social Impact:
- Exhibit strong understanding of the evolving corporate responsibility, sustainability and social impact landscape, advising clients and internal teams on emerging trends, both in the U.S. and on a global scale.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of ESG trends and frameworks, including measurement and reporting.
- Advise client engagement in key coalitions and platforms focused on public-private partnerships and private sector engagement.
- Inform client’s corporate giving, community engagement and grants strategies and programs, including communications, stakeholder engagement and thought leadership.
- Advise and inform internal teams and leadership on GCI Health’s social impact programs and investments.
- Exemplify strategic leadership, managing and motivating teams to ensure superior client service.
- Build and maintain relationships with decision-makers in client teams; resolve major account concerns as they arise.
- Take ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and retention.
- Act as a senior strategic partner to client across several accounts, serving as a trusted adviser through your ability to listen, reason, imagine and proactively solve their problems.
- Ensure highest-quality client service, measured by client retention and satisfaction.
- Demonstrate creative thinking to present new, fresh ideas to clients, grounded in insights and evidence.
- Be prepared to manage tough client conversations and navigate sensitive client-related issues.
- Solicit client feedback, sharing best practices across agency and offices.
- Proactively infuse unique and informed global public health perspectives into account work across the agency and its global network.
- Drive organic and new business growth, strengthening/establishing client relations and leveraging external network to meet or exceed established targets.
- Lead global health new business opportunities, including on-going prospecting to identify target clients; develop strategy and content; identify key resources and staff across the network to participate in new business, etc.
- Actively participate in broader growth opportunities, providing insights on the evolving global health agenda, including key trends and policies.
- Continually seek opportunities to network and market GCI Health, particularly in the global health and social impact spaces.
- Successfully establish a presence in the pitch presentation room. Work with other senior leaders to make pitches a success.
- Regularly participate in global health networking opportunities to position GCI Health as a leader in the space.
- Provide high-level oversight of all team and client communications.
- Exhibit superior presentation skills.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills.
- Possess the ability to read the room and be self-aware to tailor communication accordingly.
- Communicate with clarity and precision.
- Develop highly functional and high-performing, cross-office/function account teams imbued with a sense of teamwork and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Provide strategic leadership, counseling and mentoring to the account team to ensure members have the skills to flawlessly execute client programs.
- Effectively manage performance of the team and individual team members.
- Provide constructive feedback during performance reviews and ongoing.
- Set a standard for vision, creativity and innovation that engages top performers and attracts new talent.
- Maintain a management style that inspires, encourages and celebrates creativity and new ways of thinking.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to vice president staff.
- Continually look for ways to engage top performers through career and learning opportunities so they remain on track with their future at our company.
- Ensure team members attend trainings to enhance their skills.
- Lead by example; always maintain a professional demeanor.
- Use reward and recognition programs to motivate and retain staff.
- Meet or exceed financial targets, contributing to growing revenue across the agency’s network of offices.
- Ensure fiscal excellence, managing budgets of all sizes effectively, efficiently and with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Coach junior staff to build financial capacity and ensure on-going fiscal accountability.
- Resolve issues with financial management process as they arise.
- Lead local/regional/global professional development programs, advancing global public health expertise throughout the network.
- Play a central role developing and rolling-out GCI Health’s differentiating global health and public affairs offering, collaborating with cross-functional/geographic teams.
- Partner with the GCI Health global health team on thought leadership initiatives, both for external and internal audiences.
- Be actively involved in employee recruitment by always presenting the company in a positive light.
- Speak confidently about the company and its capabilities, particularly in global health and corporate responsibility/social impact, to others outside of the agency.
- Understand and adhere to the GCI Health confidentiality and disclosure agreements and code of ethics/conduct.
- Build and nurture a GCI Health culture that easily extends local expertise across the network.
- Create a unique culture that recognizes great work and provides staff with compelling career opportunities.
- Generate thought leadership for personal positioning and that promotes GCI Health in the marketplace.
- Client satisfaction scores
- Client feedback
- Client retention
- Organic growth
- New business wins
- 360 reviews
- Employee satisfaction scores
- Employee retention
*The job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Job posted: 2021-10-04