Senior Vice President – Media Relations
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, is seeking a Senior Vice President with a deep background in corporate brand storytelling and strategic, high-level earned media relations to join our thriving New York office. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and seasoned media relations guru to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on high-level, proactive media relations strategy and issues management for one of FleishmanHillard’s most prominent clients.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Maintain a strong network of and meetings with key editors, producers and journalists across business and general media to help guide strategy and the development of top tier story opportunities.
- Develop and manage robust storytelling function with a focus on national and local media relations in support of integrated campaigns.
- Work in partnership with multiple agencies and internal leadership to align storytelling efforts with additional communications, including social media, events and sponsorships, influencer engagement and other marketing efforts.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage complex work streams and teams on program implementation.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including planning documents and executive communications, and manage high level client communications and presentations.
- A strong network and proven record developing relationships with key editors, producers and journalists across business and general media to help guide strategy and the development of top tier story opportunities.
- 10-12+ years of experience in corporate communications and storytelling, with a deep background developing and executing brand communications programs, including media relations, ideally for large multinational companies. Agency experience is a must and in-house experience is a plus.
- Possesses established and strong relationships with key media for insights and strategy as well as the demonstrated ability to form new relationships for the same purpose.
- Proven success at creating effective earned media relations campaigns and strategies that deliver results.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic communications programs within budget.
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, position papers, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- High proficiency in recognizing and applying global and regional cultural and policy trends that may impact current and future clients.
- A history of developing or support integrated communications campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-11