Senior Vice President, Public Affairs & Health Policy
GCI Health is seeking a Senior Vice President, Public Affairs to join our fast-growing public affairs and health policy team to lead issues management, policy communications and reputation campaigns for some of the world’s leading healthcare companies. The ideal candidate will understand and be able to deftly navigate the complexities that live at the intersection of science, medicine, behavior, business, economics and public policy.
You will be responsible for delivering exemplary client service, driving client growth in public affairs and health policy and developing and growing our staff. You will also be an active participant in public affairs new business pitches and provide insight on health care policy to colleagues across the network.
- Lead public affairs campaigns targeted at policymakers, payers, health care influencers, healthcare providers, patient advocacy organizations and key stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate knowledge of health policy, issues surrounding access and affordability and have a working understanding of how to appropriately engage and partner with advocacy organizations and policy decisions makers both in the United States and on a global scale.
- Develop public affairs strategies that position and improve reputation for clients.
- Advise internal teams and clients on effective messaging to build and improve relationships with policymakers.
- Connect clients and internal colleagues with contacts at healthcare advocacy groups to foster alliance development efforts.
- Distill complex health policy issues into digestible and actionable insights.
- Build and maintain relationships with decision-makers at client level; resolve major concerns.
- Manage and motivate team to ensure superior client service.
- Act as a senior strategic partner to client on several accounts, leveraging public affairs and health policy expertise.
- Continually seek organic growth opportunities.
- Strengthen client relationships and seek organic growth opportunities.
- Design/execute client development plans to drive organic growth.
- Successfully and autonomously run and grow a key piece of business.
- Take ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and retention.
- Be a trusted adviser to clients through your ability to listen, reason, imagine and proactively solve their problems.
- Ensure highest-quality client service, measured by client retention and satisfaction.
- Be prepared to manage tough client conversations and navigate sensitive client-related issues.
- Solicit client feedback, sharing best practices across agency and offices.
- Drive organic and new business growth, meeting or exceeding established targets.
- Lead, manage and execute new business pitches; develop strategy and content; identify key resources and staff across the network to participate in new business, etc.
- Continually seek opportunities to network and market GCI Health, particularly in the public affairs space.
- Successfully establish a presence in the pitch presentation room. Work with other senior leaders to make pitches a success.
- Provide high-level oversight of all team and client communications.
- Exhibit superior presentation skills.
- Possess the ability to read the room and be self-aware to tailor communication.
- Communicate with clarity and precision.
- Develop highly functional, cross-office account teams imbued with a sense of teamwork and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Provide strategic leadership, counseling and mentoring to the account team to ensure members have the skills to flawlessly execute client programs.
- Provide constructive feedback during performance reviews and ongoing.
- Effectively manage performance of the team and individual team members.
- Set a standard for vision, creativity and innovation that engages top performers and attracts new talent.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to vice president staff.
- Continually look for ways to engage top performers through career and learning opportunities so they remain on track with their future at our company.
- Ensure team members attend trainings to enhance their skills.
- Lead by example; always maintain a professional demeanor.
- Use reward and recognition programs to motivate and retain staff.
- Lead local/regional/global professional development programs, advancing public affairs expertise throughout the network.
- Be actively involved in employee recruitment by always presenting the company in a positive light.
- Speak confidently about the company and its capabilities, particularly in public affairs, to others outside of the agency.
- Understand and adhere to the GCI Health confidentiality and disclosure agreements and code of ethics/conduct.
- Build and nurture a GCI Health culture that easily extends local expertise across the network.
- Create a unique culture that recognizes great work and provides staff with compelling career opportunities.
- Generate thought leadership for personal positioning and that promotes GCI Health in the marketplace.
- Contribute thought leadership on public affairs.
*The job description is a summary of typical job functions and is not an exhaustive list of possible duties. The jobholder’s responsibilities and duties may differ from those outlined above. Other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.
We know we learn best when Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creative truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us.
Job posted: 2021-10-04