Senior Vice President, Public Health Communications (Hourly)
We are looking for an hourly Senior Vice President to join our team!
Ketchum Public Sector + Government industry is unique in its ability to shape complex, large-scale public health education campaigns critical to the nation’s well-being. We understand what motivates our audiences and we know how to reach them where they work and live.
The Senior Vice President will act as a deputy to the practice leader with responsibility for senior-level account planning and supervision of the account teams in our Public Sector + Government industry. Responsible for staff utilization and development, revenue generation, income projections, expense control, and administrative functions related to executing the annual business plan and in meeting profit objectives.
About the Job
- Strategic short-term and long-term planning for clients helping with growth and retention, providing strategic senior counsel and professional development of all staff
- Leverage business and political relationships, legislative and regulatory activities and public policy debates to increase business opportunities
- Serve as senior agency contact to a group of accounts; lead and direct all program efforts to ensure client satisfaction; bring a value-added approach to all issues and projects
- Encourage and train account teams on developing incremental business; guide them in how to recognize and develop new business opportunities with clients
- Maintain team billability and productivity requirements; monitor for account profitability
- Function as key player in pursuing new business opportunities and in leading the proposal and presentation processes
- Maximize utilization of team members through effective recruitment, employee goal setting, appraisals, development plans, etc.
- Demonstrate and develop presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills; demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of materials including media materials, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence and reports
- Stay on top of public health policy and PR trends; bring them to the attention of clients and associates, as appropriate
- Work with financial manager to ensure client budgets are comprehensive, actual costs are monitored and approved, and billed account receivables are collected in a timely manner
- Manage a wide range of competing priorities while ensuring the team meets all its deadlines and manages projects within prescribed budgets
- Ability to produce all manner of issues management and crisis management documents
- Participate in the office’s Management Committee overseeing strategic initiatives, developing staff, managing business financials, supporting agency
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field preferred. Master’s degree in a communications field desirable
- At least 12+ years of agency experience and/or corporate public relations experience
- Excellent writing skills and strong presentation capabilities
- Understanding of basic business systems and decision making
- Understanding of the ways the media cover key social, economic, political issues, and crisis situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Track record of strong leadership and influencing skills, working across organizational boundaries
- Strong leader with the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with colleagues and clients
- Ambitious, high personal goals; committed to making Ketchum successful
- An organized individual possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record for winning new business
- Successful track record of managing financial and operational aspects of business
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-19