Senior Vice President, Public Policy and Research
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
The Public Policy Research Division of NACHC encompasses the Department of Federal Affairs, State Affairs, Research and Grassroots Advocacy. The Senior Vice President is responsible for providing direction, coordination, management and oversight of these Departments along with the development and execution of NACHC’s public policy and legislative priorities, policy and research agendas and all related activities. The Senior Vice President will oversee communications with government bodies about health center priorities and provide support to NACHC’s Communications Division for evaluating the public’s awareness and perception of the value of health centers to America society, in keeping with the Association’s goals and objectives. It is this VP’s job to keep the CEO and other senior staff well informed on priority issues and upcoming events. It is also important that this division understands NACHC’s priorities, policies, and total TEAM attitude.
- Serves as an integral member of NACHC’s senior leadership team and is the principal advisor to the President/CEO on all matters related to NACHC’s public policy, legislative and regulatory priorities agendas.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and implements NACHC’s strategies on public policy priorities, including:
- Oversees federal legislative and relevant state matters affecting health centers
- Develops in concert with the PPR team public policy strategies to support and enable NACHC to execute strategic goals and objectives,
- Oversees and monitors other federal administrative actions, regulatory policies, judicial decisions affecting health centers (White House, HHS, HRSA, CMS, VA, CDC, State Medicaid agencies, Supreme Court, etc.)
- Coordinates internal NACHC staff and external outreach as appropriate
- Coordinates with the President/CEO on research priorities as well as ongoing research development plans to support NACHC’s strategic goals
- Oversees and manages a team of outside consultants and advisors; coordinating public policy and regulatory priorities and outreach
- Supports the effective, timely and ongoing communication of NACHC’s advocacy priorities to its membership, media, and wide array of stakeholders
- Develops key messages and scripts for conferences and external meetings; coordinates conference strategy assistance and prioritizes staff travel presentations.
- Coordinates with other VP’s, NACHC and divisional priorities – objectives – and messages, meeting requests, requests for information or data, requests for NACHC stances on various issues, and requests for quotes or media interviews.
- Establishes and fosters relationships and collaborative initiatives with other organizations in areas of legislative and health policy.
- Represents the organization at state and national meetings, and acts as spokesperson of the organization in all areas relating to health-related legislation and regulatory policies, where appropriate and as assigned or agreed to by the President/CEO
- Provides timely and ongoing communications of all relevant division information and activities to ensure effective integration of all NACHC activities.
- Coordinates with the offices of the President/CEO and COO on staff hiring, annual employee evaluations, annual budget requirements, internal recordkeeping requirements and all Human Resource-related matters
- Master’s degree, Law degree or other advanced degree in Public Administration, Public Health, Political Science or related fields.
- Minimum of ten years professional experience in health policy development, five of which must have been in a senior level capacity.
- Minimum of eight years supervisory experience.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with key policy, decision and influence makers within the government and NACHC organization.
- Ability to plan, organize, evaluate and execute policy and legislative initiatives.
- Established Washington relationships and significant experience in advancing initiatives through strategic communications to policymakers.
- Substantial collaborative skills with a track record of building strong bipartisan relationships.
- Thorough knowledge of Congress, the legislative process and health laws, issues and policies relevant to health centers.
- A proven team player with a positive attitude, extensive experience managing, mentoring and leading teams.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-18