Senior Vice President, Strategy and Operations
Hattaway Communications, Inc., is a strategic communications firm with a mission: We use the power of strategy, science and storytelling to help visionary leaders and organizations achieve ambitious goals that benefit people and the planet.
We’re in the business of communication for impact, not self-promotion. We help our clients build communicating organizations and produce research-driven strategies, content and campaigns.
We’re a small team that takes on big challenges—strategists, researchers, creatives and campaigners who work together to inspire and engage people for good causes and great clients. We also work with an amazing network of social scientists, data scientists, technologists and storytellers.
Our work takes us around the world. We create research-based narratives and storytelling strategies for major foundations and nonprofit organizations, social businesses and social movements, government agencies and multinational organizations.
Driven by our passion for our client’s causes, we’re known for producing insightful research, smart strategies and innovative solutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
We have an ambitious vision to scale our successful consulting practice and build our capabilities to create high-impact content and campaigns. The Senior Vice President for Strategy and Operations will oversee client services, talent development and business operations.
You’ll work closely with the CEO to execute our business strategy and build a talented team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Using a strengths-based approach to management, you’ll coach team members to deliver the highest-quality products, services and client experiences.
You’ll continue to cultivate our culture of collaboration and continuous learning, where everyone contributes to the growth and success of their colleagues.
You’ll also have ample opportunity to innovate as we strive to not only enhance the impact of the firm but to strengthen the field of strategic communications.
We’re looking for a seasoned strategist with extensive experience in strategic communications, branding, marketing and/or advocacy. The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Passion for the work and the causes we work on.
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and empowering management style.
- A track record of winning new business and cultivating “trusted advisor” relationships with clients.
- Expertise designing and executing research-driven branding, advocacy, marketing and/or communications strategies. You’ll specialize in strategy, and manage research, creative and engagement professionals.
- Experience and relationships in our core market of foundations and nonprofits. Experience and relationships serving clients in government, multinational organizations and business are a plus.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- 20+ years of relevant experience.
- Active listening skills, empathy and emotional intelligence.
- High standards of quality in all aspects of the work: process, products and client experience.
- Intellectual curiosity and practice at putting learning to work in practical ways.
SALARY, BENEFITS AND SOME PERKS
Our bright and spacious offices are located in downtown D.C., between the Dupont Circle and Farragut North Metro stations. We take pride in our collaborative, flexible and empowering work environment. We invest in the professional development of our team. We offer a great salary and benefits package, including:
- Four weeks of vacation plus sick and personal days
- Generous health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Professional development stipend
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
We know that bringing talented, diverse people together creates more impact than we can create as individuals. We seek out candidates with diverse experiences, points of view, backgrounds and cultures—with the goal of creating an inclusive work environment that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject line: Senior Vice President. No phone calls, please.
Job posted: 2018-11-21