Senior Vice President, Technology Communications
Senior Vice President, Enterprise Technology (San Francisco Based)
What does it mean to be part of BCW and the WPP network? It means being a part of a global, multi-faceted, multi-talented creative engine, with access to countless places you can grow.
As the global communications agency built to #movepeople, BCW guides client partners to powerful, culturally relevant ideas, programs and messages that inspire their key stakeholders to think differently, feel deeply and act urgently.
BCW’s commitment to moving people starts with our employees. Here you’ll find ways to ignite your growth while doing meaningful work for exceptional clients in an environment that prioritizes your success, compels collaboration and celebrates learning. We’re committed to moving our people forward in their careers and helping them grow as people and professionals.
We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions is critical to our success, so Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity and the LGBTQ+, differently abled and veteran communities.
And while there is no one kind of BCW person, everyone at BCW has something in common: A mindset, a way of responding to challenges with openness, curiosity and a commitment to learning.
BCW’s Technology Team is seeking a Senior Vice President to be based in San Francisco. As a leader on the team, the SVP will contribute to the strategy and growth of the agency’s Technology Practice in addition to supporting established and emerging Enterprise Technology Brands spanning Cybersecurity, IoT, AI, Health-Tech, 5G and Cloud.
The SVP’s primary role will be providing senior level strategic counsel to clients and oversight of day-to-day account activity to guide the strategy, planning and execution of integrated communications programs that include media relations, executive visibility, influencer relations, digital communications and social media strategy (analyst relations would be a plus).
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage workstreams and teams on program implementation
- Set strategic direction for accounts, facilitating planning, strategy development, drafting of communications plans and managing execution
- Drive story idea development for wide range of clients, tracking industry trends and identifying opportunities to insert our clients into current news cycles
- Exhibit broad understanding of leading trends in technology, digital, social and artificial intelligence.
- Formulate and implement best practices on how to deliver insights in engaging formats across the practice.
- Seek and develop new business opportunities and lead new product initiatives.
- Ability to leverage expertise for organic business development in the areas of technology, crisis/issues and third-party influencer programs and social media
- Solid understanding of “big picture” client programs; maintain awareness of client business and communications objectives and how they relate to the Technology Practice.
- Provide leadership in the areas of account management including day-to-day account activity.
- Lead program planning from initial strategy, deliverable identification, and development from start to finish including implementation and post-launch optimization.
- Keep abreast of the latest delivery and consumption trends in the digital and technology space and analyze competitive activity in the marketplace.
- Marketing and promotion of the Technology Practice.
- Build and develop a San Francisco based team by mentoring, coaching, educating, and managing direct reports.
- Oversee and manage monitoring, research and online influencer engagement projects, content production, online property launches, and program measurement and budgets.
- Collaborate with BCW practices to craft and implement strategies that support the brand based on our clients’ objectives and target audience.
- Work with cross-functional teams to seek creative ideas and provide input.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the communications and technology industry.
- Manage junior team members on both client-work and career development
- 15 years of work experience in technology communications with a deep background in developing and leading strategy initiatives.
- Experience providing clients and prospects with strategic counsel on the technology industry; consumer tech, B2B and enterprise.
- Previous experience in an agency setting as well as a client-side environment very helpful.
- Track record of building relationships and working effectively with diverse
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, at a C suite level, building and managing teams to execute public relations and integrated marketing plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic communications programs within budget.
- Ability to think proactively and strategically on behalf of clients and anticipate their needs
- Expertise in media relations and established relationships with trade, top-tier technology and business media
- Experience with corporate reputation needs, including awards/rankings, speaking opportunities and thought leadership
- Ability to work both within a geographically diverse team and independently when necessary
- Strong communication, both verbal and written and excellent analytical skills
- Skilled at thinking creatively and bringing new ideas to clients and prospects
- Ability to develop trust and engagement with clients, supervisors, team members and external influencers
- Creative background or expertise would be a plus
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive organization as an active participant in culture initiatives, training opportunities and employee resource groups
More about BCW:
BCW, one of the world’s largest full-service global communications and public relations agencies, is in the business of moving people on behalf of clients. BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors.
BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), a creative transformation company.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Job posted: 2021-07-26