Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
As the leading global association of mutual funds, ETFs, and other regulated funds, the mission of the Investment Company Institute (ICI) is to strengthen the foundation of the asset management industry for the ultimate benefit of the long-term individual investor.
As a member of the Strategic Communications department reporting to the Senior Director, Editorial, the Senior Writer is responsible or providing writing and editorial support and project management for ICI communications and policy-related initiatives.
Essential functions of this role include:
- Works with Strategic Communications managers, ICI leadership, and internal clients to define priorities and identify opportunities for creative communications in support of Institute goals.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads highly technical content from ICI’s teams, including research, legal, ICI Global, industry operations, and the Independent Directors Council.
- Manages workflow for multiple projects across ICI to ensure publications and other communications are delivered on time and accurately.
- Provides editorial and creative support to enhance and promote ICI’s work, including planning, researching, and editing ICI publications.
- Helps to develop and maintain key performance indicators and other metrics to inform new and creative strategies to reach specific internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains the Strategic Communications editorial calendar to help the team plan workflow, develop content strategies, and meet deadlines.
- Supports executive communications, including speeches, presentations, talking points, and other public communications.
- Supports and provides marketing counsel for ICI initiatives and conferences to include editing promotional collateral.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree and seven to ten years of communications or publication experience with emphasis on writing and editing, preferably in or about financial services, law, or economics; or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Fund industry or economics experience desirable.
- Strong and creative writing and editing skills, including the ability to create and adapt material for multiple audiences. Proven ability to cut through jargon and write in plain language.
- Project management experience, including strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with executive communications, including presentations.
- Knowledge of legal and technical issues related to the worldwide fund industry.
- Ability to research and learn about a wide range of topics.
- High degree of personal initiative and willingness to stay abreast of the latest best practices and trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate with ICI staff at all levels and across all departments.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Willingness to brainstorm and collaborate with teammates on various projects.
- Flexibility in dealing with rapidly changing priorities.
- Familiarity with design and production process both print and digital.
- Statistical literacy.
ICI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits to include a comprehensive medical plan, generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid leave, commuting subsidies, and tuition reimbursement as well as training and development opportunities. Based in Washington, DC, ICI is conveniently located next to McPherson Square Metro station. This is a hybrid position with three days in the office and two days working from home.
ICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Job posted: 2022-11-08