Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Smartwool: Senior Public Relations Coordinator
As the Smartwool PR Coordinator you will support and further our PR and earned media goals of growing Smartwool product and brand awareness, as well as product sell-through. Come join our team and help us get the work out about Smartwool!
Join the Smartwool Family
We make Merino wool socks and apparel to fuel adventures outside. Because we want to help you go far and feel good. As a company, we live by our values, every day: Openness We strive to be more transparent every day. From sharing more about our supply chain to simply letting people know the direction we plan on heading; we want to build and maintain trust with our customers and friends. Advocacy We believe in doing everything we can to sustain and preserve our one-of-a-kind, awe-inspiring environment. From building trails to partnering with organizations that protect nature, the Smartwool community wants to help give everyone the opportunity to experience the joy of the outdoors. Action We relentlessly pursue our goals. It’s one thing to say something and it’s another to do the thing you say. We want to back our desires with actions that put things in motion. We know that the most difficult problems are always the most rewarding to solve. Inclusivity We believe that the outdoors belongs to no one and, at the same time, to everyone. We believe in being compassionate, actively kind, generous, and accountable to everyone. What’s the good of creating all of this if we can’t share it? Fun-Loving We got into this whole thing (socks, base layers, etc.) because it’s fun to be outside. We hope to never lose sight of the thing that inspired us to create all of this—the joy of being in wild places. We want our gear and culture to inspire joyful, spontaneous, and wild moments in the outdoors for everyone, including ourselves.
Sr. Coordinator, Smartwool Public Relations
Unless prohibited by applicable law, please note it is a condition of your employment to abide by Company policy, including VF’s COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Policy. In accordance with the policy, absent need for reasonable medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law, all eligible associates must present proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
- Manage outside PR agency to maximize investment and opportunities
- Plan seasonal PR calendar to ensure all key Product and Brand stories are supported.
- Support opportunities where our PR efforts overlap with our work in paid media, influencers, social media, sponsored athletes, and community engagement.
How you will do it:
- Translate the seasonal Product and Brand stores and goals into editorial priorities and tactics.
- Track and analyze media coverage to evaluate the effectiveness of brand messaging and share out report weekly.
- Manage communications budget for outside agency support, product promotion, and T&E.
What success looks like
- Growth in quantity and quality of media hits of stories we have prioritized seasonally
- Maintaining a healthy and high-functioning relationship with our PR agency and our collective ability to integrate wins across earned and paid media.
- Develop a deeply collaborative partnership with the Product Marketing, Brand Marketing Team, Paid Media and Email Marketing Teams.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of related professional experience: 2-5 year’s experience working in PR and communications
Educational position requirements: A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know
- Experience supporting day-to-day PR programs and talking directly with editors and writers
- Familiarity with the brand and the outdoor industry
- Comfortable editing and creating editor facing content and media releases
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and build relationships
- Scrappy, startup mindset. Highly driven with a positive, fun loving, team-oriented attitude.
What we will teach you:
- Experience working with digital asset management and sample ordering tools
- Experience in strategic planning across multiple seasons simultaneously
- Proven track record with integrated marketing campaigns across all channels – paid and owned
- Experience in editorial copy writing
- Experience working with internal stakeholders across teams
VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s In It for You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?
$66,528.00 USD – $99,792.00 USD annually
Annual Incentive Eligibility:
This position is eligible to participate in a VF Incentive Plan. Detailed information on incentive plans will be provided during the recruiting process.
Benefits at VF:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year’s medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during your onboarding process.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Unless prohibited by applicable law, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
Please note, that our salary ranges are based on market pay data and geographical differentials. In determining the compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-27