Social Media Associate
Since 1891, New York’s Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance, presenting exceptional concerts by the world’s finest artists on its three iconic stages, from orchestral concerts, chamber music, contemporary offerings, and recitals to jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing its performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 600,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall’s commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
As part of the Digital Content and Engagement team, the Social Media Associate will work with the Manager, Social Media and Content Strategy on all aspects of social media, and other digital content as needed. Serving as a critical part of Carnegie Hall’s digital presence, this position will ensure the organization’s voice and values are communicated consistently across digital platforms in a timely manner.
The main responsibilities of the Social Media Associate include coordinating the social media plan and drafting creative and compelling content across all media. The Social Media Associate will also be responsible for exploring new opportunities for increased online engagement with artists, cultural partners, and digital influencers – so a passion for discovering new strategies, methods, and opportunities within the social media realm is critical. They will work with the Manager in compiling social media analytics reports, building and scheduling posts, and assisting with copywriting, content planning, and routing.
The Social Media Associate will be knowledgeable about current and burgeoning social media platforms, adept at creating all media including short form video, and have a strong interest in analytics. The ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker and have strong organizational skills. Strong writing, culturally responsive and adept communication skills, and organizational abilities will be crucial for this role.
- Assist with daily social media content drafting, routing, and posting as needed.
- Identify opportunities for community building within our current social platforms, in addition to opportunities for expansion into new platforms and social media tools.
- Strategize ways to grow our social following, connect with new audiences, and continually engage our audience across our channels through content or utilization of existing platform features.
- Monitor social media traffic with an eye to tapping into topical social media dialogues.
- Identify opportunities to broaden Carnegie Hall’s reach and engagement across platforms.
- Collaborate on the development and refinement of social media voice.
- Assist in content management across the department.
- Coordinate various facets of organic and paid social media with stakeholders across the organization.
- Monitor and engage with audiences in real-time during all digital programming and manage the coordination of partner promotion and cross-posting efforts.
- Compile social media statistics for monthly and annual reports as it relates specifically to audience growth and engagement
- Liaise with an external digital agency to coordinate monitoring of all social media marketing campaigns, as well as optimizing campaign performance throughout a campaign.
- Assist Digital Content and Engagement team members and Marketing colleagues as needed
- Experience engaging with digital audiences on social media platforms in a thoughtful and helpful manner
- Knowledge of video production/editing especially with short-form video
- Excellent copywriting abilities
- Familiarity with Adobe CC including Premiere
- Strong understanding of and extensive experience with social media platforms, tools, and scheduling apps
- Understanding of social media analytics and data-driven decision making
- Collaborative, effective, and thoughtful team player
- Detail-oriented, the ability to multi-task, highly organized
- Ability to be flexible and limber in the workplace as needs shift
- Excellent time management along with ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Culturally responsive, superior communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing requests
- Passion for and commitment to Carnegie Hall’s mission and values
- One-year professional experience or strong internship experience(s), preferably in arts or digital marketing
- Some evening and weekend coverage required
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-15