Social Media and Content Manager
ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. We help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us. As a national online force driven by over 7 million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more humane and less hostile world for Black people in America. We move members from analysis to action on crucial issues so that we can build the Black political power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Color Of Change was founded in 2005 in response to the realization that during the crisis caused by Hurricane Katrina, as Black people were left stranded on their roofs to die, no one was afraid to disappoint Black people. When the government, media, corporations and other decision-makers are not afraid to disappoint Black people, Black communities are negatively impacted and cannot move forward.
The Marketing & Storytelling team creates and leads the brand and content strategy necessary to translate and advance Color Of Change’s values, vision, and efforts across a broad set of national influencers and grassroots activists. Through various platforms and mediums, the team is responsible for supporting efforts across the organization to deliver on our main promise: provoking the level and frequency of action from our members and allies that will force target decision-makers to take action, and thereby achieve real-world impact and lasting, systemic change. The team is also responsible for brand management, strategic content development, content distribution, and high-level media relations. Central to the Marketing & Storytelling team’s work is Color Of Change’s Hollywood Culture Project, an initiative designed to change the way Black people (and the issues we care about) are represented in entertainment media and to effectively leverage cultural influencers in support of our campaigns.
Candidates must have strong skills in the creation and curation of strategic content, multi-channel propagation and performance tracking, online engagement, project management, and internal team communication. Our ideal candidates are ready to onboard swiftly and will work within a multi-disciplinary team of designers, content creators, and campaigners focused on one or more products or projects that engage our passionate members and audiences in a way that increases interest, connection, community, and strategic action.
The Social Media and Content Manager position will report to the Director of Social Media & Content.
- Craft, curate, publish, and manage social media content focused on everything from creating and writing copy to leading graphic design requests for both rapid response and long-term campaigns.
- Track and analyze data metrics for performance improvements and weekly KPI reporting.
- Contribute to and implement digital content and engagement strategy based on organization’s campaign goals and emerging opportunities.
- Align all content and engagement efforts with the COC brand narrative, personality, and tone, while helping to develop a fresh range of voices for different venues and purposes.
- Consistently deploy content marketing and social media activation best practices, leveraging new and emerging platforms, tools, trends, and partnerships.
- Manage content calendar according to both evergreen and topical cultural, industry and political happenings, opportunities, and developments.
- Assist Director as needed, including and not excluding content process development, the integration of emerging tools and methods throughout the organization.
- Promote COC Productions: Tell Black Stories, live events, annual awards, etc.
- Manage COC’s history month and anniversaries social media postings.
- Support promotion and influencer engagement for ChangeIndustries
- Promote and support micro-influencer engagement for COC partnerships.
- Proven success as a content developer and manager of online and digital campaigns that yield high engagement against measurable analytics.
- Proven excellence activating and engaging new communities, while managing a range of existing communities across social media channels.
- Experience managing both rapid-development short-term and complex long-term projects.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, copy editing, and organizational skills.
TOOLS AND PLATFORMS
- Experience managing, publishing, and reporting with social media publishing tools such as Sprout, HootSuite, Sprnklr, Tweetdeck, and Falcon iO.
- Experience using and creating content for gamification and sponsorship driven platforms like WooBox, Splash, OfferPop, Fan Core, or Cheerity.
- Knowledge of meaningful SEO, web traffic, and social platform metrics.
- Experience with basic graphic design such as Canva or Illustrator.
- Stellar organizational and time-management skills, with strong attention to detail and process.
- Ability to respond successfully and quickly under tight deadlines, working some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to establish highly productive relationships with a vibrant, diverse, distributed staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click the “Apply for this position” link and submit a resume, a cover letter, and links to a portfolio or website. If links to a portfolio or website are not available, please provide samples of content across social channels and/or platforms.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis.
The salary for the Social Media & Content Manager is $72,000. This is a full-time exempt position. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job posted: 2021-10-12