Social Media and Content Strategist
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
Social Media and Content Strategist
This senior-level position will lead the company’s social media and content strategy across PGE’s owned channels. The successful candidate will be creative, driven, and a strategic thinker – ensuring our content strategy is aligned with business and brand objectives. If you thrive in transformation, are a creative storyteller, team player at your core, and willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done – then this might be the job for you!
What you will get to work on:
· Help define and elevate the company’s social media and content strategy to drive deeper engagement with customers and stakeholders and establish leadership on key issues aligned to business and communications objectives.
· Refine the narrative for the company’s social channels that clearly differentiates PGE in the industry.
· Invest in stories that bring the brand and the people that define its values to life, set the stage for key business milestones and moments.
· Collaborate across the broader Brand, Marketing and Communications team to develop and implement content strategy that’s aligned with short-term and long-term communications goals.
· Manage the editorial calendar for PGE’s owned channels to ensure strategic planning is in place with story placement and publishing.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Proactively anticipate needs and develop, present and implement new communication strategies and project plans. Proactively adapt plans to meet changing client or business needs. Ensure alignment to corporate strategy.
· Proactively develop, design and write communications materials for that are compelling, accurate, clear, in line with our brand voice and visual guidelines, compliant with all laws and regulations, and delivered on time.
· Serve as a company-wide communications expert to internal business partners, including the C-suite. Analyze and proactively anticipate our business partners’ needs and guide them on communication strategy and implementation.
· Design, monitor, and track success metrics.
· Actively participate in communications efforts around storm restoration during and after business hours. Serve as media contact during and after business hours, in rotation with other team members.
You will be someone with:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, public affairs, marketing or similar field plus a minimum of 8 years’ experience in communications, public affairs or media relations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Job posted: 2020-10-16