Social Media Coordinator
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest
Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert
research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based
organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges
the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels.
For more than 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking
common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community
stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook,
Instagram, and Twitter.
The Social Media Coordinator will work with the Communications and Marketing component
and members of the Design and Brand team on program development and implementation.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the
organization’s social media strategy to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts
and support of key marketing communications and organizational goals. This person will
execute campaigns, work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is produced in a
timely manner, and partnership across all social channels. Success in this role will require the
ability to effectively collaborate across teams and components. This position reports to the
Director of Digital Marketing and will be based in Washington, DC.
• Post, schedule, and assist with the content management system, maintain assets, and
• Assist in developing social content calendars.
• Develop original content for daily posts and campaigns across platforms.
• Support tracking and reporting results, as well as help analyze impact of social media
initiatives on various KPIs (i.e., followers, growth trends, campaign successes); suggest
• Identify and propose innovative social media ideas in support of key program or
• Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
• Use social media marketing and listening tools such as Talkwalker, TweetDeck, Sprout
Social, etc., to monitor social trends, newsmakers, influencers, and content.
• Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is produced in a timely manner
and that content is informative and appealing.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
• Three (3) to four (4) years of experience as a Social Media Coordinator or similar role
• Expert proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social
• Experience using social media marketing and listening tools such as Talkwalker,
TweetDeck, Sprout Social, orsimilar programs, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values (Excellence, Respect,
• Familiarity and commitment with the U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit
organizations, and the Latino market a plus.
• Experience working across different teams to inform and produce content.
• Strong grasp of social media best practices and emerging platforms.
• Understanding of social media metrics and related KPIs.
• Excellent multitasking and strong time management skills.
• Critical thinker with attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills a plus, but not a requirement.
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion
of a background screen.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter, writing sample, and resume will
be considered for this opportunity.
SEND COVER LETTER, WRITING SAMPLE, AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Subject Line: Social Media Coordinator
Attn: Moses Frenck, Director, Digital Marketing
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political
affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
Job posted: 2021-03-09