Social Media & Digital Content Manager
Project Bread is the leading statewide organization committed to preventing and ending hunger in Massachusetts. While providing immediate relief to those who are hungry today, we also work to prevent and ultimately end hunger by prioritizing programs that are proven to break the cycle of poverty and advocating for systemic solutions. We recognize that hunger is both a consequence and perpetuating agent of economic inequity and health disparities.
Project Bread is a vibrant organization with a deep commitment to creating positive social change. We work in a fast-paced environment that values learning and an entrepreneurial approach. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Project Bread is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Please be sure to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization. We appreciate your time and will review and respond to all applications received.
Position Objective: The Social Media & Digital Content Manager will leverage social media channels to further the mission of Project Bread, including: raising funds, raising awareness of programs and resources, engaging legislators and anti-hunger allies, demonstrating thought leadership, organizational impact, and inspiring and engaging current and prospective donors and partners. Additionally, they will recruit participants and market The Walk for Hunger, including developing and executing virtual event plan.
They are responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive social media and digital content strategy across projectbread.org, Project Bread’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin) and Project Bread’s Child Nutrition Outreach Program (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to demonstrate impact and engage and grow our online community. They will work across departments to develop compelling, creative, and engaging stories, and content for our website and all social media channels while working with our graphic designer to develop eye catching graphics and images to reflect and strengthen our brands.
Due to COVID-19, the Project Bread office is currently closed, and staff are working remotely. When the office reopens, this position will be based out of our office in East Boston, MA.
The Role: The successful candidate for this role will be creative, passionate, self-directed, and possess excellent written communication skills. This role reports to the Assistant Director of Content and Communications and works closely with the Assistant Director of Program Communications, Graphic Designer, and the Government Affairs team, as well.
- Oversee all social media platforms and account management and develop and implement social media content plan across all channels for both Project Bread (@projectbread) and our Child Nutrition Outreach Program (@Meals4KidsMA) social accounts
- Oversee planning and development of engaging digital content for projectbread.org and social to support fundraising, demonstrate impact, thought leadership, and community education and execute online engagement for virtual Walk for Hunger.
- Create social media toolkits for community partners and legislators on various programs and initiatives.
- Build out social media reports and leverage data to identify new opportunities to connect with community and partners.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends amongst demographics we engage on online platforms
- Create engaging text, image, and video content for the Communications and Development Team, as well as other departments as appropriate
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity, to create buzz around our new branding and website, and to highlight services that we provide
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Solid understanding of google analytics, to analyze data and other metrics to determine the efficacy and efficiency of social media content, website usage to help direct changes and to develop a plan to leverage paid digital and social content to build organic social content and engagement.
- Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way
- Facilitate online conversations with users and respond to queries
- Report on online reviews and feedback from our users to direct report and larger team
- Ability to write and generate content under deadline during rapid response campaigns.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics to establish consistency
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective users
- Take part in Project Bread activities related to the Walk for Hunger including working the weekend of the Walk for Hunger and supporting the fundraising event
- Participate and represent Project Bread in organization-wide events and meetings as assigned
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- Team player. Identifies independent and collaborative work to support deadlines and project goals
- Proven work experience as a social media coordinator or related role
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Strong interest in social issues, policy and advocacy, engaging legislators and elevating policy priorities
- Working knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and to be proactive
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Understand complex data and use it to tell a story
- Bilingual Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin/Cantonese, Haitian Creole or Vietnamese preferred but not required
Project Bread is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request special accommodations during the interview process.
Review of applications will begin on an ongoing basis and continue until the position is filled.
Please submit resume and cover letter, in MS Word or PDF format, to email@example.com
Job posted: 2020-12-29