Social Media/Digital Manager
American Business Immigration Coalition
Start Date: ASAP
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Reports to: Communications Director
The American Business Immigration Coalition (ABIC) promotes common sense immigration reform that advances economic competitiveness, provides companies with both the high-skilled and low-skilled talent they need, and allows the integration of immigrants into our economy as consumers, workers, entrepreneurs, and citizens.
ABIC members include CEOs, retired CEOs, business associations, small business owners as well as hospitals and universities. ABIC works in partnership with diverse immigrant advocates to support pro-immigrant legislation at the state and federal levels. Currently, ABIC is active in 16 states including Illinois, Florida, Texas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, South Carolina, North Carolina, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Arizona, Idaho, Utah, and Nevada.
For more information, visit https://abic.us.
ABIC is seeking a creative and experienced Social Media/Digital Manager to join our team. This position is a key role in building our online community on various social media platforms and increasing ABIC online following, influence, and engagement.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day posting and management of all the organization’s accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and writing and sending email blasts/newsletters on a regular basis. The person in this role works closely with other members of the communications and campaign teams to create compelling online content that educates, inspires, engages, and pushes people to take action on our various campaigns. This position will also lead and implement a strategy to increase our audience on each of our social media platforms.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage ABIC’s social media platforms, including creation of daily posts, maintaining content calendars, monitoring engagement, analyzing metrics, and planning and implementation of paid social media ads.
- Work collaboratively with the team to identify, adapt, and/or create content for all social media platforms in support of organizational and campaign priorities.
- Monitor comments across all of ABIC’s platforms and respond in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the creation of graphics, short videos, and other online content.
- Review and keep up with social media trends and best practices.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and experiment with new tools, tactics, and approaches to advance the work of the ABIC.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the organization to integrate social media and digital strategies and tactics into broader strategic campaigns and events.
- Update website as needed.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent writing skills and solid experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram for campaigns and events.
- Able to work in a fast-pace campaign driven environment.
- Fluency in social media performance metrics.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, researching and proposing solutions and proactively problem-solving when issues arise — at the same time understanding the power of working in teams and easily taking direction when necessary.
- Ability to tackle complex projects, break them down into smaller pieces, and manage toward deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop or other design tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of EveryAction is a plus.
ABIC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, or other legally protected characteristics.
Compensation: This position will be full-time. We offer a competitive compensation package. Please note all salaries are commensurate with experience. ABIC also provides an attractive benefits package including health insurance, retirement plan, unlimited paid time off, and standard holidays.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Emily Wurth, ABIC Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Social Media/Digital Manager” in the subject line.
The position will remain open until filled.
Job posted: 2021-09-01