Social Media and Digital Strategist
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Preferred Work Location: EAST COAST
We seek a social media and digital strategist to join the Owned Media team in IBM Corporate Communications. This person will lead paid media strategies (social, native, display) in partnership with an external agency, lead the content strategy, execution and measurement for CEO social media handles, and lead the social media content strategy for C-Suite executives in partnership with executive communications.
The successful candidate will be a paid media expert, a master storyteller, and metrics-driven social strategist. This person will partner with the organic social media content lead to ensure priority news is supported through paid media activation and executive voices to further build credibility and increase reach with key audiences.
- Develop strategic content recommendations for CEO social media handles and pull metrics to inform future strategies.
- Own paid media strategy and budget for key news moments for social, native and display.
- Oversee and manage relationship with external media agency.
- Partner with the Communications team to develop content and channel recommendations to optimize social media handles for C-Suite executives.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years of experience in corporate communications or social media.
- A proven track record leading social media strategy for executive handles for well-known brands.
- Deep knowledge of paid media strategies including social media, native and display.
- Experience working with and managing a digital media agency.
- Tremendous intellectual curiosity and the capacity to come up to speed quickly on complex technical topics.
- An editor’s eye for great writing and visual storytelling on social media platforms.
- An intensely collaborative style. IBM is a highly matrixed organization and the person who is successful in this role will thrive in a “we” (not an “I”) environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Large public company or agency experience supporting large public company clients preferred.
- Experience working with highly matrixed organizations.
- Experience managing creative production of social media content.
- Experience working with social media scheduling and analytics tools such as Sprinklr and Onalytica.
- 9+ years of experience in corporate communications or social media.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-04