Social Media Director
We are SC Johnson Lifestyle Brands (LSB), and we’ve always done things differently. We are fearless thinkers, mad scientists, and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions, and beautiful bubbles.
We are small, but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colorful place. And we invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the VP Brands, this individual will own the social media function that is key to our approach in building a portfolio of mission driven brands. We seek to build relationships with consumers based on our shared values and are looking to create communities of brand advocates who co-own our brand missions– together, we will create movements! The Director, Social Media will lead, manage, and ensure successful execution of our social media strategy, including content development/publishing, community management, influencer, and campaign efforts.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Director will:
- Lead the social media function, leveraging their proven ability to build, shape, and refine a winning social media strategy delivering on each brand’s strategy
- Be responsible for all social media efforts, including always-on social calendar and social-led campaign content planning, development, production, and community management. Importantly, this will include leading engaging cultural conversations with our consumers and building social communities. This individual will also ensure social tone, voice, and personality are consistent with visual and voice articulation of the brands, in partnership with Creative Studio and/or agencies
- Be a thought leader, identifying and surfacing new opportunities through an in-depth understanding of effective social strategies and tactics, and by staying abreast of new trends in the social space. This individual will constantly explore and evaluate new social platforms, partnerships, tools, services, and vendors, providing recommendations to further the effectiveness of our social efforts.
- Collaborate across the marketing team throughout the social development and execution process, including the Brand directors/managers, Media, PR, and Insights team members, as well as the Creative Studio and/or agencies
- Define and action scalable processes for social content creation in partnership with Brand and Creative Studio team members
- Identify, monitor, and analyze KPIs for social campaign and always-on efforts to formulate data-driven insights and recommendations
- Be responsible for social budget within the overall marketing budget
- Lead team’s timely share out of consistent reporting (e.g. campaign recaps, monthly reports, etc)
- 8-10+ years of experience in social media management, preferably in-house with brands for whom social is core to consumer comms
- Experience with end-to-end planning, managing, and growing social media audience, engagement, and conversions across multiple platforms (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube). Experience growing social communities will be key, as well as driving synergies across social and other brand efforts such as PR.
- Innovative marketing professional whose social media work has driven disproportional impact for at least one noteworthy consumer brand, and likely a brand for whom social media may be their main communication channel
- Proven success growing and nurturing brand followers into a highly engaged community of brand advocates
- 3+ years people leader experience
- Proactive, strategic, and influential self-starter who is passionate about the role social media plays in driving success for values-based brands consumers love
- Strategic thinker eager to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life
- Strong familiarity with general marketing principles, and how social media can lead, enhance, and amplify broader marketing efforts
- A passion for staying on top of the ever-changing social media landscape and serving as a company-wide subject matter expert
- Possesses a broad social media toolkit and an ability to apply best-in-class approaches/processes to our brands’ efforts
- Understanding of paid social and driving synergy between paid and organic, as well as amplifying PR efforts.
- Highly effective communicator with an ease for collaboration and problem-solving; is savvy at building relationships with key business partners across multiple teams.
- Works well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A team player, comfortable rolling up sleeves and doing what needs doing
- Bachelor’s degree required – advanced degree in related field a plus
Lifestyle Brands (LSB) PERKS: Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Here are a few of the ways we Care like a Mother for every person against dirty:
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Competitive vacation bundle + 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year
- Generous retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom…you heard that right!
LOCATION: San Francisco
HOURS: full time, exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: VP of Brands
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-31