Social Media & Editorial Writer
You: A passionate advocate for individualism and liberty. You have the strategic mindset of a marketer and the soul of a writer. You’re keyed into the news and social media and eager to contribute to the ongoing conversation. You hustle each day to make a real impact on people’s lives. Your objective in life is to inspire.
Them: Bureaucrats, city councils, mayors, governors, and federal agencies stripping Americans of their rights every day. There’s a lot of government overreach out there.
Us: We fight back. Pacific Legal Foundation is the nation’s first and most successful public interest law firm dedicated to vindicating individual liberty.
PLF has an unmatched track record, with 12 victories out of 14 cases heard by the United States Supreme Court. We also have more than a hundred active cases across the nation. (Read: we have more than 100 active human stories we can amplify.)
We are a next-generation public interest law firm. What does “next generation” mean for a legal nonprofit? It means we aren’t interested in doing the same thing as everyone else. We aspire to be the best player in a constantly changing game.
Here’s what you get to do in this role:
- Ghostwrite articles for PLF and guest experts, conducting interviews and translating legalese into narrative journalism
- Write two to four original stories per week to be published on the PLF website
- Edit articles—sometimes very technical or academic—for clarity and quality
- Master PLF’s swashbuckling brand: Honorable, Daring, Smart, Irreverent
- Grow PLF’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn presences
- Engage and cultivate PLF’s online communities using PLF’s voice
- Identify and pursue opportunities for PLF content to appear on third-party blogs and social media
- Curate compelling content for PLF’s email program
- Contribute to marketing strategy and promotion for major video and podcast releases
- Closely monitor current events, pop culture, and google search trends
- Use engagement and analytics data to inform future content creation
This role is ideal for someone with at least three years of experience in a marketing, editorial, or social media role. Demonstrated clear, concise, and compelling writing skills are essential. Curiosity, humility, an experimental attitude, and a commitment to excellence are a must—bonus points for an irreverent sense of humor.
Pacific Legal Foundation identifies and litigates important legal issues to set landmark precedents that will benefit Americans nationwide. Using strategic and principled litigation, communications, and research, we battle for freedom in the nation’s courts and the court of public opinion.
As a national nonprofit organization, PLF has brick-and-mortar offices in Sacramento, CA; Arlington, VA; Seattle, WA, and Palm Beach Gardens, FL, though approximately half of the staff work from home across the country. You can work physically in any of our offices or request to work virtually.
If you think you might be a good fit, submit the following application materials in one PDF at the link below:
- Your resume, including your experience in the liberty movement and relevant professional experience
- A cover letter explaining why PLF is the place for you, why you want to fight for liberty, and what distinguishes you from typical applicants
This is a full-time, permanent position. PLF is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest-quality talent available nationwide, and we offer a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, and employer-paid retirement savings. We take work-life balance seriously through our generous paid leave and flextime policies. We have a flexible, collaborative, positive, and collegial work environment. We take pride in investing in your future and encourage internal advancement. PLF is the place for someone principled, tenacious, and determined to succeed in positively shaping the future of our country and restoring real limits on government power. Join us.
Job posted: 2020-10-22