Social Media Engagement Manager
The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation’s 4 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical work environment, bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on health care issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
Responsible for leading, managing and relationship-building with ANA Enterprise communities of constituents, potential constituents, customers, potential customers, and others interested in ANA and nursing, on social media platforms including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Connect Communities and others. Responsible for working with our network partners to build a strong, engaged community to help support our business goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Leads social media strategy for the Enterprise, serving as evangelist for social networking, digital relationship building and digital member engagement via social platforms, websites and digital communication channels; empowered to adjust schedules and respond as a brand based on external environment.
• Collaborates with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute social media strategy; leverages social media as integral component of overall communications strategy; leads work with Enterprise staff as required to develop, build, deploy, and maintain social media channels
• Leads and creates guidelines and standards for social media content on any ANA Enterprise social channel
• Trains designated staff and entities in the use of and best practices for social media platforms and similar technologies relating to digital engagement, digital relationship building, social communities and social networking.
• Engages in social listening and analytics tracking and analysis to inform work; establish goals and metrics, evaluates and recommends tools and resources to support social media engagement and execution.
• Evaluates outcomes and recommends adjustments and new techniques. Assesses the effectiveness of social media strategies, tactics and campaigns and recommends modifications to achieve goals.
• Performs special projects and serves on teams and committees as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Baccalaureate degree required, preferably in Journalism, Communications, English or Public Relations. Extensive course work and/or post-graduate degree in one of the following areas desirable: digital communications, new media.
Related Work Experience
Minimum 7 to 10 years of related social media experience, including 1-2 years staff and budget management experience, preferably managing social media engagement channels for a large, complex national organization. Preference for individuals with experience in social media advocacy content and other controversial, fast-moving issues.
• Demonstrated knowledge and a passion for social media, social networking, digital communications, social and digital engagement and utilizing technology to meet organization and business needs
• Experience using social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.
• Demonstrated competency in web-based written, verbal, and analytical skills; strong attention to detail
• Creative, strategic thinker
• Nimble and responsive to the external environment
• Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills; able to successfully juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to integrate design concepts and skills to enrich social media
• Good conflict resolution skills; able to facilitate among diverse individuals and groups
• Proficient in social media listening and analytics tools and in using data to inform decision making
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Office
• Must be able to track, absorb and understand a wide range of content
• Requires discretion, strong judgement and ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be flexible in work schedule to accommodate occasional evening or weekend social media rapid response needs, meetings and periodic travel.
• Able to provide direction, feedback and coaching in support of organizational and individual professional development goals.
• Requires articulate, creative self-starter; detailed-oriented professional with sensitivity to organizational protocols.
• Resourceful, lifelong learner able to tap into professional networks.
• Able to perform well under deadline stress, with strong drive to achieve results.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Familiarity with video production as part of social media toolkit
• Website design
• Knowledge of web usability and technologies including scripting, security, authoring and design
• Photography skills
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
• Flexible Spending Accounts
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-06