Social Media & Events Manager New Homes
Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Social Media & Events Manager Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Social Media & Events Manager for its New Homes division. This role will be responsible for managing the Sunnova New Homes social media channels as well as in-person and virtual events. This person will write, create, manage, and deliver B2B digital media content for blogs, newsletters, sales/marketing campaigns, events, and the associated social media channels using the Company brand/voice guidelines. The Social Media & Events Manager will work closely with the Sunnova New Homes Sales and Marketing teams on full scale campaigns, company events, and individual projects across channels.
Social Media & Events Responsibilities
- Works with Sales/Marketing teams on an editorial calendar and social media campaigns to ensure cohesive messaging across all digital marketing efforts; assists Sales Training Managers on weekly content ideas for their individual social media channels..
- Using industry best practices and legal guidance, creates, manages, and delivers social/digital media content as needed; ensures that all work is proofread and delivered on time. Uses search engine optimization strategies to maximize online visibility. Supervises content creation of others relative to blogs, newsletters, special programs, training, and events.
- Manages Sunnova New Homes brand presence on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube; develops an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and B2B engagement metrics; stays up to date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Manages partner events both in-person and virtual as well as special community events (e.g., charities, fundraisers, etc.)
- Uses digital data, analytics, and resources to research the competitive landscape, discover new trends in social media and event marketing, present new ideas/concepts.
- Works closely with the Sunnova New Homes Sales team to provide them with appropriate materials and presentations.
- Identifies new opportunities to attract new business leads via social and events.
- Education required: High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum years of experience required: 3 or more years in either brand/social media or events management
- Valid driver’s license with clear driving record
- B2B brand and channel communications experience
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- SEO/SEM and Google Analytics knowledge
- Comfortable using platforms such as Hubspot and/or similar CRMs and DAMs.
- Strong copywriting, analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge/ability with basic photo/video editing and HTML/CSS
- Strong organization skills – file and project management
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with partners, colleagues, and management
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems with diplomacy
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with quality results
- Ability to work on multiple projects across departments with different objectives simultaneously
- Work from home office
- Must be flexible in work hours, especially with event support
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- May be extended periods of time working on laptop
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less.
- Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Work from your Home office anywhere
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Discounted personal fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-17