Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Social Media Influencer Program Manager
NextGen America is seeking a social media marketing specialist to run a national campaign to engage social media influencers in programming and messaging that registers, inspires and mobilizes young people to vote in 2022.
In this role, you’ll lead our effort to build a network of influential online messengers and work with them to activate their audiences to register to vote and show up to the polls. The Social Media Influencer Program Manager will be responsible for running the program day-to-day, building and maintaining consultant relationships, strengthening creator relationships, identifying engagement opportunities, developing message guidance, and designing and executing methods for evaluating program success. The program manager will work collaboratively across NextGen departments to ensure influencers are integrated into the breadth of our voter-mobilization efforts.
The Social Media Influencer Program Manager will report to NextGen’s Paid Media Director.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and
experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization — in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
This is a fully remote position with no location requirement. We encourage candidates from all locations within the United States to apply.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: 10-15%
- Recruit and cultivate strong partnerships and long-term relationships between NextGen and influencers
- Be the main point of contact between NextGen and social influencers and/or consultant partners
- Coordinate across NextGen teams, including states, advocacy, distributed organizing and social media, to develop messaging, content and engagement opportunities for influencers
- Work with legal and finance teams to manage influencer contracts when needed
- Track influencer collaborations and develop systems for evaluating and reporting program progress and effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
This role requires extensive knowledge and deep understanding of key social media environments, influencer marketing and political outreach to young people (aged 18-35). NextGen’s Social Media Influencer Program Manager must be comfortable managing relationships with a diverse array of internal and external partners — from field organizers to media consultants to mega-influencers. They’ll be equally adept at nitty-gritty project management, brainstorming creative campaigns and developing effective messaging. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in social media content production and previous experience in social media influencer partnerships, ideally in a political context. We’re looking for:
- A creative thinker who’s comfortable developing and executing content creation
- An effective project manager who’s comfortable with lateral management and external partnerships and able to hold themselves accountable to deadlines and goals
- An in-depth understanding of social platforms, especially Instagram and TikTok
- Previous experience in political or advocacy communications or digital work
- Adaptability and an ability to roll with evolving priorities and deadlines
- Experience or past work with any of the following would be a plus:
- Political data analysis, modeling and experiments
- Political or campaign field organizing
- Influencer marketing for a political cause, candidate or organization
- Youth-oriented influencers in key states including Texas, Arizona, North Carolina and Pennsylvania
Salary range for this position is $70,000 – $82,000. compensation will be based on experience. NextGen America also offers a very comprehensive benefits package.
In-person meetings and travel are an essential part of this position. Consistent with NextGen America’s efforts to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and communities in which we serve, proof of full vaccination status at time of hire is an employment requirement for this position.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-29