Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager leads the U.S. retail brand social channels for Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s. The primary responsibility is to develop and own organic and always-on content calendars across social channels and in support of business goals. This position partners closely with the content development team and community management team to produce and source content with the goal of engaging and growing one of the largest, most passionate, and most loyal fan bases in the industry.
We’re seeking a highly engaged and creative social media professional with a proven track record building business-driving brand stories on social. The successful candidate has a passion for connecting people to nature and our mission to inspire everyone to enjoy, love, and conserve the great outdoors.
- Own and manage the Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s U.S. retail brand social channels.
- Lead development and stewardship of organic and always-on social content and conversations to drive product awareness along with brand affinity and advocacy in support of business goals.
- Develop and manage social content calendars in conjunction with key cross-functional stakeholders (brand marketing team, communications, merchants) and manage projects to success.
- Partner with content development team and community management team to produce and source content.
- Partner with e-commerce team to support paid social media campaign efforts, including planning, implementing, and measuring market experiments and conversion tests.
- Optimize social content according to modern best practices, trends, and advancements.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Preferred Degree: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum 5 years in Advertising, marketing, social media, PR, journalism, or other substantially similar fields. Agency Experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Demonstrates a deep operational understanding of social media outlets and trends, including experience with implementing them for fast-moving and diverse companies.
- Demonstrates a thorough grasp of digital advertising tactics and implementation.
- Strong storyteller with the ability to craft compelling narratives leveraging written and visual mediums (photo, video, digital, design).
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility, creativity, and collaboration are keys to success.
- Ability to manage projects, be organized, and set clear priorities.
- Previous experience working within Sprinklr preferred.
- Passion for hunting or fishing a plus
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10%
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops joined forces with Cabela’s to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group, offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-25