Social Media Manager
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER – Scholastic Education Solutions
Scholastic Education Solutions provides teachers, families, and communities with the tools they need to support each and every child with print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, expert professional development, family and community engagement, and learning supports.
We are seeking a Social Media Manager to create and execute social media campaigns to drive brand awareness and sales for the Education Solutions products and services. Projects may include but are not limited to: social listening, education research reports, design, relationship management with key education experts/authors, and live and on-demand event management including hosting, copy writing, proofing and creative brainstorming.
The social media manager is responsible for community management and engagement (online and offline), keeping multiple campaigns on track, sharing learnings across business units and ensuring that project deliverables are routed through all necessary channels including legal, corporate communications, compliance etc.
The ideal candidate has the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively across the department, has strong project management capabilities, and has excellent writing skills.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Craft messaging and positioning for social media campaigns targeting teachers, administrators, superintendents and other education specialists to increase brand awareness, education and sales for Education Solutions’ products and services; offering strategy, creativity and analysis
- Lead the activation of marketing campaigns via 30+ online events per year. Includes research, advertising, event management, reporting and follow-up marketing promotions
- Engage deeply with educators and understand, follow, and investigate teaching and learning trends and customer needs and challenges across all social platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and more)
- Facilitate communication between designers, clients and sales teams to deliver impactful social media campaigns on time and within budget
- Successfully collaborate with sales, customer service, product developers and editorial; monitor customer service and sales calls to ensure accurate product representation and identify opportunities to improve products and services
- Work with the corporate communications team to amplify corporate initiatives on Education Solutions social channels
- Report and analyze the performance of marketing activities to improve campaigns
- Tackle special projects assigned by senior management on an ad hoc basis
- Work on cross-functional initiatives that improve our customers’ experience
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children’s media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children’s learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 100+ years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
Skills and Requirements:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Education or other related coursework
- 2-4 years’ experience in social media marketing and/or a background in teaching/education preferred
- Passionate about creating innovative digital campaigns to drive community and learning for educators of grades PreK-12
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Self-starter with a natural affinity for problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and fulfill ad hoc requests in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong influence and relationship management skills; comfortable interacting with all management levels
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-11