Social Media Manager
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest
Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert
research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based
organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges
the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels.
For more than 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking
common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community
stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook,
Instagram, and Twitter.
The Social Media Manager will work with the Communications and Marketing component to
strengthen and advance the organization’s presence, mission, and advocacy efforts, while
engaging the public, activists, community leaders, and other audiences through storytelling
opportunities across the organization’s digital and social platforms.
The Digital and Marketing team creates ongoing comprehensive and strategic content that
leverages issues of interest to the Latino community, in-house experts, Affiliate organizations,
and external partners. The Manager will lead execution of the social media strategy, inclusive of
owned, paid and earned tactics to drive online visibility and establish a strong brand identity
aligned with UnidosUS’s mission and vision. This role will be instrumental in executing the
organization’s social media ecosystem to put into practice guidelines on the best ways to
leverage and evolve our social media channels, depending on the content and audience, with
the goal of having an integrated approach across all social media channels.
This position will require strategic thinking about how to continue to advance
UnidosUS’s organizational goals to reach segments of the American public and
connect them to UnidosUS’s policy and program work, as well as special events.
The Social Media Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Digital and Social
Strategy. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
• Manage all social media platforms, posting content and monitoring comments and
engagements as needed.
• Lead social content ideation, working hand in hand with other team members.
• Help ensure all social content is strategic and implements social best practices.
• Lead creation of monthly or campaign-focused metrics reports, ensuring future content
takes learnings into consideration.
• Lead creation of and help execute 1:1 and influencer engagement strategies.
• Proactively propose strategic social media content ideas or improvements.
• Work with agencies to ensure outputs are strategically aligned.
• Collaborate with broader marketing and communications team to create
communication strategies inclusive of owned, paid, and earned tactics.
• Build compelling presentations and proposals for social media activations or content
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing required.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience in marketing, content development,
social media, or similar field required.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience creating dynamic story-based materials and
executing digital strategies.
• Relevant experience in producing engaging and creative social media content, planning,
strategy, and collaboration.
• In-depth understanding of all digital competencies, including analytics, content creation,
community management, influencer engagement, and how earned/owned/paid media
• Demonstrated ability to generate creative, well-designed web, mobile, or social media.
content to help tell the UnidosUS story through specifically designed content.
• Experience working for a nonprofit organization a plus.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365.
• Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values (Excellence,
• Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit organizations, and the Latino
market a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Sense of initiative and able to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail; organized, and a
• Deadline-driven and comfortable working in a high-volume request environment.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion
of a background screen.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample will
be considered for this opportunity.
SEND COVER LETTER, RÉSUMÉ, AND WRITING SAMPLE TO:
Subject Line: Social Media Manager
Attn: Senior Manager, Digital and Social Strategy
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political
affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
Job posted: 2021-07-23