Social Media Manager
Reports To: Digital Campaign Manager
Salary/Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000
Preferred Start Date: 09/13/2021
Position Location: Washington, DC
Please send resumes to Attn: Tom Meyer, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you love finding the latest trends and ways to engage an audience? Are you constantly thinking of creative
tactics to break through noise? Do you blend detailed organization skills with out-of-the-box thinking to grow
brands and make a difference?
Climate Reality’s next Social Media Manager will oversee our social platforms, manage social media staff, develop
and implement organic and paid strategies to advance the organization’s social media brand, and work with teams
across the organization to further key priorities. This position is also responsible for helping measure and achieve
campaign objectives and key results — with a focus on driving audience action around climate, advancing climate
justice, and building the brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Developing the organization’s social media strategy: Utilize best practices and the latest research to create a cohesive social strategy to guide the organization’s presence across platforms, with a focus on growth, engagement, and activation.
- Work with the digital communications team and stakeholders across the organization to revise and update the strategy as needed to support key organizational objectives.
- Project manage cross-channel social calendar: Create and maintain a comprehensive calendar of upcoming social media content. Advise social media coordinator(s) on which content in their defined subject areas should be shared on which channels and in what timing.
- Tracking and reporting on social media outputs: Create and maintain a regular tracking and reporting mechanism for progress on social channels. Regularly monitor our social media performance and share results with relevant stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining strategic partnerships: Establish social media partnerships with other groups in the environmental and climate justice space, influencers with a track record in the subject area, celebrity backers, and other partners. Identify mutually beneficial ways to leverage existing brands to advance organizational objectives.
- Create and implement paid social campaigns. Oversee paid advertising on social channels, including development of assets, purchasing placements, tracking results, and optimizing for performance.
- Manage a dedicated budget for social media advertising, with a focus on aligning spend to key objectives.
- Drive digital advocacy, in alignment with organizational mission and objectives. Work with teams across the organization to devise social campaigns that engage followers in advocacy work.
- Create interactive opportunities for supporters to engage with online advocacy efforts.
- Grow the organization’s social media brand and following. Position Climate Reality as a leader in the climate activism and climate justice space while growing our reach and following, all in the effort of driving real action.
- Researching new social media trends, tools, and benchmarks (and responding accordingly):
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the organization to build content calendars, to encourage the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the organization’s culture, and integrate social media into all of the organization’s campaigns and services.
- 4+ years working in social media content development and strategy
- Experience developing accurate, creative, and engaging content across social and digital platforms
- Detailed knowledge of social scheduling, monitoring, and tracking tools like Sprout and Hootsuite.
- Strong ability to work within analytics tools including Google Analytics, to monitor performance and adapt strategy accordingly.
- Ability to assist with graphic design, including strong knowledge of Photoshop, Canva, and other design tools.
- Previous experience managing staff preferred.
- Up-to-speed on current digital and social trends and best practices.
- 1+ year’s experience running paid digital media and social advertising campaigns.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Flexible enough to manage shifting priorities in a growing organization, while maintaining continuity in current projects.
- Curiosity and a willingness to experiment and learn.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships, including with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team player with a love of collaboration, brainstorming, strategic thinking, and team ideation.
- Understand the intersection of paid and organic in social and what each brings to the table.
- A deep commitment to climate action, climate and environmental justice, and making a difference.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA. Relocation to the DC office may be required.
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000
Job posted: 2021-08-23