Social Media Manager
As the Social Media Manager (beginning remotely; based in DC National Office), you will expand our robust social media presence to recruit and engage millions more to fight for a democracy that works for everyone. You will join a high-performing team of communicators, campaigners, and issue experts to develop and implement a creative and metrics-driven strategy for the Common Cause social media accounts, including promoting content for Common Cause’s Democracy Wire online blog, our organizational social media presence, and the social media presence of our network of 30 states with their own accounts. You will manage incoming direct communication from our volunteers and members via email and all social platforms. Common Cause will soon celebrate our 50th anniversary, and growing our social media presence to take full advantage of this opportunity is a key organizational priority.
- Broad experience in managing social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Experience running livestreams a plus.
- 3+ years of substantive digital & social media experience in an organization, campaign, volunteer, or campus setting.
- Experience working with different kinds of people, communicating to a diverse set of audiences, and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias.
- Experience with developing and reporting on performance metrics and knowledge of social media listening, social media management, and analytics tools.
- Experience developing and implementing online content for non-profit advocacy organizations or national and local organizing campaigns, including working in a campaign style environment with rapid-fire deadlines and responses.
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communications (written & verbal), including the Ability to take complex topics and make them accessible to a mass audience.
- Ability to work within established brand and style guidelines, and work with campaign leaders to produce on-message content, including a focus on design and ability to use or learn software like Photoshop or Illustrator, meme & gif generators, and/or apps like Canva.
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and communicative.
- Proven record of accomplishment of meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- A passion for democracy and social justice, and desire to translate that into powerful content that advance our campaigns, showcase our work, and engage our audiences.
SALARY: $50,000 – $70,000 annually; commensurate.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter and 3 references to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include “Social Media Manager DC” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
ABOUT US: Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process. Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.2 million members and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country.
Equity and inclusion:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job posted: 2021-08-28