Social Media Manager
Founded in 1969, the National Council for Mental Wellbeing (National Council) is a membership organization that drives policy and social change on behalf of nearly 3,500 mental health and substance use treatment organizations and the more than 10 million children, adults and families they serve. The National Council is a 501(c)(3) association that advocates for policies that ensure people who have mental health and substance use challenges have access to comprehensive, high-quality services. We also offer state-of-the-science education and practice improvement consulting and resources to ensure services are efficient and effective.
We are looking for a social media leader to help expand our digital footprint, strengthen our voice online and increase our brand awareness. In this role, you will be responsible for the community management of two unique social media brands and their audiences: the National Council and Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) USA. You will inform and execute the organization’s social media strategy and support the social media needs of senior leadership, departments and cross-functional teams.
More than just a Social Media Manager, you will serve as the digital champion for a national thought leader with a commanding voice on Capitol Hill. Your contributions will amplify our impact in the field of mental health and substance use treatment and inspire people to act. We are looking for someone who is innovative at heart, entrepreneurial in nature and passionate about making a mark.
- Community management of two unique social media brands: National Council and MHFA USA
- Create, curate and manage all content on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Serve as a resource for leadership, departments and teams, offering guidance and strategy
- Introduce new marketing strategies to extend the reach of our social media channels
- Identify opportunities to increase audience engagement and improve the customer experience
- Manage paid social media campaigns for events, programs, publications and services
- Work closely with the MHFA director of communications to execute social media strategy
- Collaborate with the director of digital marketing to execute paid social media strategies
- Serve as a social media “reporter” during virtual and in-person events, sharing news and insights
- Participate in and lead social media activities sponsored by partners and other stakeholders
- Monitor the health care landscape for thought leadership and engagement opportunities
- Support the development of visual content to extend our reach and increase engagement
- Develop social media toolkits in support of internal and external campaigns
- Maintain a social media calendar to ensure the timely delivery of content
- Respond to user comments and questions across all platforms, addressing queries in real time
- Implement a reporting system to track content performance and adjust accordingly
- Develop analytics and insights reports for management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 2-5 years of experience in social media management and marketing
- Experience managing paid media campaigns and digital advertisements across all channels
- Experience utilizing platform business suites, such as Facebook Business Manager
- Experience with health care policy, mental health and/or substance use treatment preferred
- Experience with political advocacy or working with Capitol Hill preferred
- Experience using project management tools, such as Asana and Buffer preferred
National Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
National Council uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visitwww.dhs.gov/everify.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-15