Social Media Manager
Digital Media Management
New York, NY/Los Angeles, CA
Digital Media Management (DMM) is a leading full service digital agency, content studio and incubator specializing in social-first, “always-entertaining” marketing. DMM works with movie studios, television networks, streaming services and consumer brands to create groundbreaking social media campaigns via fan activations, innovative content creation, results-driven paid media planning, and strategic influencer-brand partnerships.
We’re currently seeking a Social Media Manager to join our New York-based Social Media, Talent Services team. The role of the Manager is to plan, implement and administer social media campaigns for an assigned television show(s) or film, with a focus on activating talent. You will work on assigned shows to distribute social media toolkits and plan social support for the title with talent. You will also work on needed productions and with the cast of their television show to capture engaging social content to boost the digital footprint of both the show and its cast.
- Be the “expert” resource for assigned titles and talent, understanding goals and objectives while anticipating client/talent needs, and overseeing all facets of a campaign from start to finish (including but not limited to ideation, strategy, creative, planning, and execution).
- Actively maintain an understanding of social media platforms and best practices to assist in ideating innovative, first-to-market social creative and activations that achieve client KPIs.
- Brainstorm, capture, and produce social media content with talent IRL or virtually, strategically tailored to different campaign beats and platforms.
- Collaborate across internal and external teams and talent to assure seamless coordination and execution of campaign initiatives.
- Act as a social media resource for talent and reps to assist with best practices, activations, posting and more.
- Someone with a creative eye who can easily conceptualize and produce innovative social content. You are the friend everyone asks to take the picture as your iPhone photography is impeccable.
- Able to build strong relationships quickly and are able to work seamlessly with various personalities.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously while staying organized and maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Someone who saves cool social content you see online into a folder for future inspiration.
- A true television fan who is on top of all of the most recent pop culture trends and news.
- Someone who wants to grow within a company and team.
- 3+ Years experience working in social media preferably within entertainment.
- Experience communicating and interacting with talent (traditional celebrity talent and/or high profile talent) is preferred.
- Experience working on productions or marketing-related shoots is a plus.
Things to Know
- Travel may be required with limited notice.
- After hours or weekend work, including event attendance, may be asked of you.
- Content capture may be in person at an event, premiere, or on-set.
- If you love entertainment, social media, and working with passionate kickass people, this could be the job for you!
Company culture you ask? Our company culture is casual, fun, and empowering. There is a lot of room for growth in this role! That’s right, no glass ceiling and room to learn.
Digital Media Management is an equal opportunity employer. We work together to create a space that fosters diversity and inclusion across race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, national origin, and veteran status. Our diversity strategy is simple: grow a team of creative, innovative, passionate people from varied backgrounds to produce best-in-class digital campaigns.
Job posted: 2021-10-02