Social Media Manager
Truth Initiative is looking for an experienced, creative and hands-on Social Media Manager to plan and implement strategic social media campaigns and communications that increase the social media footprint of the organization, enhance its reputation, engage key stakeholder groups, support its work overall and publicize its research and campaigns. This person will develop and lead a robust social media content calendar and paid social media campaigns, alongside the Content Director and Managing Director of Communications, to contribute to a comprehensive communications and content strategy.
This individual will further develop the Truth Initiative brand voice, drive the organizational social media strategy and analysis, and manage day-to-day execution of social engagements. They will be a creative, outgoing communicator and collaborator with a passion for using social media as a vehicle for advancing issues and ideas, building relationships and inspiring conversation. Integrating organic and paid tactics across different social media channels will be a key part of this role, so the individual must have a firm grasp on the latest social media tactics and trends.
As a component of growing the social media footprint of the organization, this role will also be responsible for developing methods to help C-suite, staff and strategic partners become social brand ambassadors for Truth Initiative.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and cohesive cross-channel social media strategy (paid and organic content development) for each Truth Initiative social channel.
- Further develop the Truth Initiative organizational voice and build plans to leverage it appropriately across different social media channels.
- Write, design, and produce creative content for Truth Initiative’s social media presence across multiple social channels by working collaboratively with communications colleagues and other internal teams and departments.
- Proactively identify timely ways to expand creative content offerings and improve brand awareness (including paid social campaign development and execution).
- Recommend, advise and implement social media strategies that support organizational events, campaign launches, research releases, localized efforts etc.
- Develop and implement a wholistic strategic plan for expanding Truth Initiative’s social footprint including strategies for recruiting new followers; fostering engagement and loyalty across all channels; and optimizing these efforts for each social media network.
- Be a voice of the organization by carefully listening to our audience, capturing scroll-stopping creative, distributing (and re-distributing) engaging content.
- Manage a social media budget and analytics reporting including recommending paid tactics to build audience on different channels.
- Develop and capture quantitative metrics and insights to showcase success, divestment and opportunity for growth via actionable insights. (e.g., engagement, views, online conversations, etc.).
- Monitor, listen, and respond on social media channels as appropriate and share feedback to the team in a way that informs future communications.
- Develop C-suite, staff and strategic partner social media strategy – comprehensive of developing toolkits, training and advising executive leadership on their social footprints / engagement.
- Manage junior team members on drafting content, securing approvals, and posting content daily.
- Develop social media resources and toolkits to support efforts which can be used by national, state, and local policy makers, partners, and community leaders to assist in disseminating Truth Initiative work.
- Report and monitor any issues or problems; assist in the development of and execution of crisis monitoring and response if needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Should have a bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of experience in communications, marketing, social media or public relations with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, specially developing and managing social media across channels including: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat and TikTok.
- The individual should have expert-level knowledge and practice of organic social media and reporting.
- Knowledge of channel-specific paid tactics and advertising tools is also a must.
- The individual also must have experience using social media management and analytical tools for listening, scheduling, engaging and reporting.
- They should be data-driven and creative, with a desire to understand the “why” behind results and a knack for crafting thumb-stopping social copy and content.
- The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively, creatively and clearly, writing in a variety of personas and customizing our message by social platform.
- A keen eye for copy and editing, an understanding as to the role of the headline, SEO and visual design is also a must.
- They should be results-driven, organized and self-motivated, with strong organizational and time-management skills; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment with diverse teams. Our team is looking for a solution-oriented, natural problem solver that can manage multiple projects, manage others, meet deadlines and have a sharp attention to detail.
- Photography, videography, Lightroom and/or Photoshop editing skills a strong plus.
Salary is competitive based on experience with EXCELLENT benefits.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume here
mail application materials to:
Attn: Social Media Manager
900 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Fax: (202) 454-5597
No telephone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Not eligible for remote work in Colorado.
Job posted: 2021-10-05