Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Social Media Manager
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to join its Digital Strategy Team. In this role, you will develop and implement a social media strategy that strengthens the Academy’s brand and engagement with key audiences, specifically @eatright and @kidseatright for consumers and @eatrightPRO and @eatrightFNCE for Academy members and professionals.The social media manager will create compelling content for these Academy profiles on multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn).
This work from home flexible position with a telecommuting option position is especially suited for individuals well versed in different social media channels, creative content, community engagement, increasing followers and ensuring a professional image for the organization.
- Develop a comprehensive social media outreach strategy that reflects nuances of various audiences and social media channels
- Craft social media content to develop and grow online presence and loyalty among external audiences, including promotions for Academy programs and services as well as positioning registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) as nutrition experts
- Listen and monitor social media activity and report daily “snap shots” to internal stakeholders
- Review analytics and develop quarterly reports on effectiveness of overall social media plan, as well as reports as needed for supervisor
- Continuously explore social media trends and the use of emerging social media platforms and educate others as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or other related course of study
- 4-5 years’ experience working with social media platforms and developing effective social media content
- Strong communication, analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Experience managing multiple social media profiles across various channels using a commercial social media management system (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.)
- Background in professional association or national non-profit environment, Photoshop experience and firm understanding of ADA compliance preferred.
The Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, hybrid-work-from-home, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy’s office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-02