Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Social Media Manager
THIS IS A FULL-TIME IN OFFICE POSITION
Are you angry and frustrated by the state of American politics? Do you think Washington has gone seriously wayward? Do you believe in your heart that we’d be a lot better off if the two parties stopped fighting all the time and instead sat down and simply worked things out collaboratively? There’s only one political movement in Washington devoted to that cause—No Labels.
No Labels is run from a small office in Washington by a young, mission-driven, dynamic staff. It’s a place defined by a different energy than most political offices which are, by definition, taking cues from higher-ups. We’re small, constantly in motion, charged up, and determined to press forward against the odds. And if that sounds like a working environment that might appeal to you, we hope you’ll read on.
Learn more about our mission on our website https://www.nolabels.org/
Learn more about our 2024 project:
- Read about No Labels “Unity Ticket” Featured on Fox News https://www.foxnews.com/politics/centrist-group-quietly-mobilizing-for-bipartisan-2024-unity-ticket-as-biden-trump-move-closer-to-re-electio
- Read David Brooks’ New York Times column explaining our 2024 project https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/opinion/third-presidential-candidate-2024.html
The ideal candidate is an out of the box thinker who is a natural born creative that’s driven by data and analytics to create audience winning strategies. The right candidate has a strong awareness of U.S. politics and understanding of the political system, with a background in Social Media Management, Creative Content Creation, Data and Analytics, and Content Strategy Implementation. The Social Media Manager will own and drive our creative process and elevate the quality of our outreach efforts across all social media platforms, including:
- Tik Tok
Our digital team consists of writers, designers, video artists, editors and social media experts who generate and publish fresh content daily in the interest of advocacy and growth. As a Social Media Manager, we expect you to be up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively and uniquely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and cohesive cross-channel social media strategy
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily
- Monitor and optimize web referral traffic from social media
- Collaborating internally (design team, sales team, etc.) and externally (vendors) to maintain brand continuity
- Communicate daily with our audience/followers, responding to queries in a timely manner and monitoring mentions
- Maintain brand standards and continuity on social media
- Suggest and implement new strategies to develop brand awareness
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools/applications
- 5+ years of experience in political social media management (preferred)
- 2+ years of nonprofit/pac/press communication experience
- Hands-on experience in content management and excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to use Canva (required) and Photoshop (preferred)
- Fluent with social analytics tools (e.g. FB Insights; YouTube, Twitter, TikTok Analytics; Sprout)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Trends, Tagging, and keyword optimization
- Knowledge of online social/marketing channels
- Highly organized with ability to seamlessly juggle multiple high-priority projects at once
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
Medical and dental insurance coverage; 401k; generous paid time off.
More about No Labels
- We are No Labels and we believe in an America where every voice counts.
- We believe excellent minds lie on the left and right of our political spectrum, and when they can respect each other’s point of view, only good things happen.
- For too long, the loudest, angriest and most extreme voices have drowned out everyone else. Our movement has the power to do something about it.
- We have spent the last decade building a nationwide network of citizens and a group of allies in the U.S. House and Senate have forged bipartisan agreements to solve some of America’s toughest challenges. But this moment calls for something much bigger.
- That is why we are working to ensure Americans have a real choice in the 2024 presidential election.
- It’s the hardest and most important thing we’ve ever done. And to succeed, we need more thinkers and doers to join our fast-growing grassroots movement.
Email email@example.com for more information on how to apply
Job posted: 2022-11-18