Social Media Manager, Communications
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Intuit Inc., maker of TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint, is searching for a Social Media Manager to help build the TurboTax, Mint and Intuit Accountants brands and social channels.
The right candidate will have a demonstrated track record of delivering integrated social communication strategies, and executing social media and influencer marketing programs that deliver measurable increases in brand awareness and customer engagement.
Responsibilities include: driving the editorial calendars for owned social channels, supporting integrated social campaigns and content partnerships, managing influencer programs, and community management.
We are looking for a compelling communicator with a proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams of internal stakeholders, external vendors and agency partners, while managing agency and program resources.Success in this role will require collaborating across, and achieving business goals for, two different organizations within the company.This position will require a balance of strategic and creative thinking, a proven ability to execute and a roll-up your sleeves get-it-done mindset.
The ideal candidate is a social media-savvy professional with a proven ability to excel in an extremely fast-paced environment. The position requires a self-starter who can quickly jump in and be a key part of a high-performing communications team.
This role is an individual contributor and reports to a Sr. Communications Manager within the Consumer Group, who is based in San Diego, CA, and is a part of the Intuit Global Communications organization.
What you’ll bring
- A degree or diploma, or equivalent work experience, in journalism, marketing, communications, or related field, preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in an agency or corporate environment, consumer or tech preferred; working directly in social media
- Experience writing social copy, creating social calendars and engaging with consumers and businesses via social community management
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Passion for all things social media and technology. You MUST have experience and fluency in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, and an interest in emerging platforms (e.g., TikTok)
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and programs simultaneously and successfully, prioritize effectively, and navigate high-pressure situations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in social analytics and reporting
- Ability to formulate a POV and clearly articulate it to key stakeholders
- Proactive self-starting approach and desire to learn
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across a broad range of stakeholders
- Fluency with Sprout Social, WordPress, BrandWatch and Tableau a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
How you will lead
- Help build the TurboTax, Mint and Intuit Accountants social channels, with a focus on, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Develop and execute social media programs and content strategy in support of business unit goals
- Execute and drive daily social content, campaigns, influencer programs and content partnerships
- Support high-impact social and influencer campaigns to drive brand awareness and affinity for TurboTax through a highly visible brand campaign, to be launched during peak season for the brand
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal stakeholders to execute content and campaigns
- Pull metrics and review platform/campaign analytics to develop reports and provide recommendations for optimizations
- Build measurability into social and content programs; analyze and assess the effectiveness of projects and campaigns
- Identifying social influencers, building relationships and programs to amplify PR programs and messages with key audiences
- Drive positive brand sentiment in social by actively engaging with customers and brand advocates
- Liaison with the care organization to help mitigate customer concerns in social
- Effectively manage agency partners and program resources
- Represent communications strategies, plans and results across the organization, including senior level executives
- Build brand advocacy among consumers through social community management
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders from: marketing, product management and customer support
- Work effectively, as needed, with management team to handle crises and high-profile issues deftly, protecting and furthering company and brand reputation
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-27