Social Media Producer (4161)
The San Francisco 49ers are seeking a passionate, creative Social Media Video Producer for a full-time role on the digital/social media team. The Social Media Producer will be responsible for creating short-form, eye-catching video with a mobile-first, social-first mindset helping to provide followers of the team accounts exclusive content. This person will be an independent self-starter with creative ideas who can take a concept from idea to completion including graphic elements, sounds, music, and approvals as required. This role will help serve the marketing departmental objective of growing the next generation of Faithful and also generate revenue for the organization through branded content series distributed across social media that are sold to partners and through content that is opted into platform monetization programs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Produces and edits social-first content that lives exclusively on 49ers’ social media accounts.
● Leads content creation and assists with management & strategy of team’s official social media platforms (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and others).
● Works closely with teams across the organization such as video production, community relations, graphic design, marketing, football operations, and public relations to generate content that helps achieve organizational priorities (i.e. sell tickets, partnered series).
● Attends departmental meetings providing insight and sharing social media best practices/key learnings.
● Checks all content for accuracy before completing.
● Maintains knowledge and understanding of industry trends and monitor potential social media tools, influencers and fan sentiment throughout the calendar year for content opportunities and recommend those as appropriate.
● Reviews analytics reports for top content across the 49ers channels and competitive set (league/other teams) and adjust content types as needed for better performance.
● Other duties as assigned.
Required Abilities and Skills:
● Able to communicate confidently and competently to all types of audiences within a variety of delivery methods.
● Ability to achieve planned objectives through completing relevant tasks and focus.
● Organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively, while balancing and prioritizing multiple or competing tasks.
● Ability to independently identify and create high-end production from concept to completion
● Understanding of NFL – Rules, gameplay, players, etc.
● Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and produce content in a timely manner.
● Passionate about both social media and video production and demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain productive, mutually-beneficial relationships with management, professional staff, third-party partners/vendors, celebrity talent, and media of all types.
● Embodies the core values of the San Francisco 49ers and has a team-first mentality.
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree and at least 1-3 years relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Comfortable operating and shooting on both small and large format cameras (for reference, the team currently shoots on Sony F-55’s, Fs7’s, and A7siii’s).
● Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
● Experience with logging software (CatDV).
● Experience with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The employee will be working in an indoor/outdoor facility and may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth version, and the ability to adjust focus.
Machine and equipment used include Sony/Canon Cameras.
20% of local travel and 5% of intra and interstate travel requiring overnight stay expected for this position.
The San Francisco 49ers is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or able-status. Click here to view notice of data collection.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-20