Social Media Senior Manager
Responsible for managing and developing the social media strategy while proactively seeking opportunities to
further advance AHLA and its mission through partnerships, campaigns and stakeholder engagement and grow
visibility and channels.
• Oversee day-to-day management of advocacy and association campaigns and ensure a consistent voice
across multiple platforms.
• Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (original text, photos, graphics, videos, news).
• Collaborate with teams (government affairs, events, membership) to create holistic and varied content.
• Strategize and draft regular thought leadership content for CEO’s platforms.
• Engage with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor messages.
• Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms
such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn, ensuring progress on by using analytical tools such
as Google Analytics and others.
• Oversee the creation and implementation of a monthly editorial calendar which includes objectives;
analyze and report on the performance of social media campaigns.
• Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Min. five (5) yrs experience in journalism and/or communications; or a combination of.
• Experience working on Capitol Hill, at a PR agency or “in-house” experience preferred.
• Familiarity with public affairs and public policy.
Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; with an ability to clearly articulate and connect with
reporters and other stakeholders to better tell our story. Must enjoy writing.
• Team player with a high level of professionalism, self-motivation, ability to learn quickly and positive
• Detail-oriented individual with exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to
multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
• Experienced computer and software knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact, deliver sound counsel, and gain the trust of
• Ability to effectively and efficiently devise and implement strategy.
• Enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and an ability to work both
independently and collaboratively across the organization.
• Position based in Washington, DC.
• Domestic travel required.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to HR@AHLA.com
Job posted: 2020-10-29