Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Social Media Specialist
As the leading global association of mutual funds, ETFs, and other regulated funds, the mission of the Investment Company Institute (ICI) is to strengthen the foundation of the asset management industry for the ultimate benefit of the long-term individual investor.
As a member of the Strategic Communications department reporting to the Director, Digital Advocacy Strategy, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for managing day-to-day execution of a comprehensive digital communications program to advance ICI’s business, brand, and advocacy goals at the national, state, and local levels. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting with routine website content management
Essential functions of this role include:
- Manages day-to-day execution of a comprehensive digital communications program to advance ICI’s business, brand, and advocacy goals at the national, state, and local levels.
- Supports the Director, Digital Advocacy Strategy and Strategic Communications team leadership in the development of broad campaign strategies.
- Supports routine website content management.
- Supports the Strategic Communications team’s development of long-term relationships with digital stakeholders and partner with relevant colleagues at member firms and allied organizations.
- Supports the collection of rigorous metrics and KPIs to inform a proactive, forward-looking approach that can improve ICI’s digital impact.
- Commits to maintain understanding of changing trends and best practices.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum of 2 – 3 years of professional digital communications, public affairs, and/or government relations experience or equivalent combination of related education and experience. Political, PR and/or consulting experience preferred.
- Previous support of social channels and digital platforms, including drafting content.
- Experience in finance or other heavily regulated industries preferred.
- Experience at or partnering with member associations preferred.
- Ability to create timely, impactful, and thoughtful digital content.
- Understanding of digital campaign strategy and execution.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Deep understanding of digital and social platforms and relevant strategies.
- Ability to collect and use data, analytics, and other KPIs for campaign development and execution.
- Ability to work well with press and colleagues in other departments.
ICI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits to include a comprehensive medical plan, generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid leave, commuting subsidies, and tuition reimbursement as well as training and development opportunities. Based in Washington, DC, ICI is conveniently located next to McPherson Square Metro station. This is a hybrid position with three days in the office and two days working from home.
To be considered for the position, please provide your cover letter and resume. Learn more here
ICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Job posted: 2022-06-14