Social Media Strategist
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We seek a social media strategist to join the Owned Media team in IBM Corporate Communications. This person will lead the organic content strategy for corporate social media channels including the editorial calendar, platform publishing and metrics. In addition, you’ll partner with the digital media strategist to sponsor organic content using paid media, when appropriate.
The successful candidate will be a social media expert, a master storyteller, and metrics-driven social strategist. This person will partner with the editorial lead and creative producers to ensure content is created using a platform-first mindset. You will work cross-functionally with the marketing team to ensure social media accounts are compliant and content is being shared across social media teams for ample reach.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience in corporate communications or social media.
- A proven track record leading social media strategy and execution for well-known brands.
- Knowledge of social media algorithms, SEO, and distribution strategies to reach the right audiences for corporate content.
- Experience amplifying social media content through paid media.
- Experience working with a digital media agency.
- An editor’s eye for great writing and visual storytelling on social media platforms.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Large public company or agency experience supporting large public company clients preferred.
- Experience working with highly matrixed organizations.
- Experience managing creative production of social media content.
- Experience working with social media scheduling and analytics tools such as Sprinklr and Onalytica.
- Intellectual curiosity and the capacity to come up to speed quickly on complex technical topics.
- An intensely collaborative style. IBM is a highly matrixed organization and the person who is successful in this role will thrive in a “we” (not an “I”) environment
- 7+ years experience in corporate communications or social media.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-04