Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Social Media Strategist
This professional-level position focuses on advancing key association initiatives that will grow audience awareness and create positive visibility. This position supports key clients, content areas, and functions within the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages, develops, and oversees content for the social media channels of ASCD.
- Helps coordinate social media advertising campaigns on all channels.
- Drives social media initiatives from conception to execution.
- Provides guidance to internal stakeholders. This may include coaching clients on effective communication.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials, including social media posts, toolkits and graphics.
- May be asked to manage or contribute to special communications projects or initiatives, such as annual reports, Annual Conference on-site work, social media influencer outreach, or others as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of the education field is preferred.
- Knowledge of web-based technology and demonstrated the use of social media networks including tools for media tracking, research, analysis, and targeted communications.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods including alternative ways to inform via written, verbal, and visual media.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, priorities and team members in a sometimes unstructured and evolving environment.
- Serve as in-house subject matter expert on social media trends and innovations.
- Ability to manage social media campaigns and initiatives to help advance ASCD’s organizational goals.
- Produce and gather engaging content for multiple social channels to foster and grow the ASCD community, and drive engagement with diverse audiences
- Strong analytical capabilities and solid business judgment.
- Ability to create and drive strategic social media marketing plans.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and research skills—the ability to deduce key points of an issue or problem and to assimilate data from various sources accurately and efficiently; ability to listen socially.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, take independent action, and also work as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and use web-based office applications for online collaboration, document/content management, and intranet management.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Working knowledge of Canva or similar program.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a social media or Marketing capacity.
- Education industry experience is preferred.
- Experience managing social media advertising campaigns, audience segmentation, and data analysis.
- Experience with a variety of social mediums using best practices to generate high-quality engagement
- Proven experience executing successful campaigns and initiatives across multiple communications platforms.
Salary range up to $60,000 (Commensurate with experience)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-26