Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Social Media Supervisor
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
It’s game time! Simply put, we want a team with people who are super interested in being part of the Fanatics team, love sports, comes to the game, ready to compete, and are excited about being trained to have long-term career opportunities, supporting sports fans at Fanatics. To be champion we expect all fan athletes to embody our Fanatics values:
· By Fans, For Fans.
· One Fanatics…Win as a Team
· Missionary not Mercenary
· Innovative Products and Fan Experiences
· Execution and Agility… Over Talk
The Social Media Fan Services Supervisor will be responsible for the leadership, success, and growth of a social media fan services team to help accomplish a range of customer-impacting goals. The Supervisor will be a customer/employee-focused individual with a positive attitude to help lead our busy social media team at Fanatics-Fan Services. This role will support customer engagement with responses to posts on Facebook, Twitter, and other social channels. This role will support a customer facing social media team with expectations around growing brand, voice, loyalty and NPS goals. Must have strong, creative writing skills and good decision making with a focus on building passionate “Fan” customer loyalty. Our teams are expected to provide a personalized and sport focused fan experience in all interactions. We cannot promise it will be easy. We can promise that this experience will be rewarding and fun. You will gain skills and experience working on behalf of the global leader in licensed sports merchandise.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Leads a team of Social Media Fan Services Athletes and Team Lead(s)
· Has strong knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
· Maintains a positive culture that is both engaging and efficient
· Exhibits ownership while providing appropriate solutions to complex customer issues and resolves escalated situations in carefully phrased social media responses seen by a broad audience.
· Establishes growth mindset practices and serves as a developmental coach for Social Media fan services Athletes and Team Lead
· Applies data-driven Continuous Improvement methods that drive measurable process improvement
· Uses strategic decision-making to manage multiple competing priorities effectively
Serves as a subject matter expert for handling customer, employee, and team lead questions
· Communicates effectively to distribute work resourcefully and remedy operational issues
· Provides frequent performance feedback
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
· Experience analyzing data to develop and execute a course of action
· Accountability for employee Performance, Quality and Development
· Professional development from company resources and assigned workshops
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing barriers and resolving problems.
Provide clear, constructive direction and feedback
Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills; think outside of the box; may not always know the answer, but certainly know how to find it
Value and appreciate the customer perspective
Active decision-making and problem -solving
Thrive in a fast-paced team environment
Communicate with and understand the needs of internal and external customers.
Mesh well with the existing management team by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of our collective vision.
Responsible for quality and performance metrics
Drives individual and overall site performance in relevant KPIs ( FCR, Quality, NPS, etc.)
Communicates as a team player and builds collaborate relationships
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post high school education/work experience preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years in leadership roles, including hiring, motivating, coaching, counseling, and training
· Minimum of 2 years of customer service and/or contact center experience is a preferred
· Minimum of 2 years of previous experience providing customer support via social media
· Multi-lingual candidates are a plus (preferred Spanish, French and German)
· Experience in the ecommerce or retail space preferred
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Excellent creative verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Advanced ability and efficiency with grammar is a necessity
· Intermediate to advanced excel knowledge required
· Excellent active listening skills
· Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen
· Superior emotional intelligence, a kind and empathetic disposition
· Possess a sensational personality, tons of patience, and the willingness to get involved in day to day activities
· Leadership experience or a proven track record of displaying leadership qualities
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products Outlook, Excel, Word; Advanced Excel skills preferred
· Display professionalism working with colleagues, vendors, and customers
· Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills; able to work well independently and contribute to team goals
· Professional written and verbal communication skills for customer interactions
· Adapts quickly in a fast paced, complex environment and while quickly learning new concepts and processes
· Use facts and active listening for problem solving, follow through on commitments
· Thrive in a fast-paced team environment
· Deliver. Say what you will do and then do it. Be the person who just gets it done!
PAY AND BENEFITS:
· 40% discount on Fanatics merchandise
· Eligible for annual tuition reimbursement of up to $3,000 after 1 year of employment
· Discretionary Time Off
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Job posted: 2022-09-08