Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Social Responsibility (CSR) Manager
Antigua is a leading brand that designs, sources, decorates, markets, and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women’s and men’s sportswear apparel. We are focused on our customers and our brand that will drive the company’s future growth. Antigua – Apparel for YOUR Game
Summary of Position: Antigua is looking for an energetic and resourceful Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Manager to join its team. This individual must have solid knowledge of all expects of Social Compliance and experience with the FLA affiliation process. Collaborate with executives and all relevant company departments to continuously assess and improve Antigua’s business practices to mitigate negative impacts on suppliers and workers. Some of the other key responsibilities of this position are:
• Execute factory audits, corrective action plans and remediation in accordance with company’s CSR program
• Collect and analyze audit data and compliance trends to prevent and mitigate negative impacts and address issues in a sustainable manner
• Partner with executives, staff, third-party service providers and subject matter experts to develop necessary trainings and tools to further educate company staff and factory base
• Manage and execute all obligations for Antigua as an affiliated Participating Company with the Fair Labor Association (FLA), including, but not limited to:
• Creating and maintaining standard operating procedures regarding FLA affiliation
• Participating fully in due diligence activities such as annual self-assessments, workplace monitoring assessments, remediation, etc.
• Disclosing CSR policies, procedures, and data
• Actively participating in FLA activities and meetings and engaging with various affiliates of the FLA – colleges and universities, companies, and civil society organizations
• Seek out ongoing professional development opportunities related to CSR and sustainability trends, local labor issues, and international standards
• Communicate regularly with company staff and relevant external parties regarding the company’s CSR practices, data and learnings
• Oversee stakeholder engagement, including relationships with and responses to labor activists, trade unions, industry associations, and customers
• Act as a liaison in any claims, disputes or investigations via worker, labor union or third-party
• Consult with supplier management and legally constituted unions or worker representative structures to gain an understanding of relevant relationships
• Engage with civil society organizations (CSOs) to gain understanding of local labor issues, to incorporate CSO expertise in the design and implementation of the company’s CSR Program, and to influence local governments on improving working conditions
• Create and share annual reports
• Develop presentations for internal and external purposes
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Relevant undergraduate degree; ideally masters in relevant field
• 10+ years of experience in similar role within business
• Demonstrates a strong commitment to and passion for advancing CSR in global supply chains, with direct experience advising on program development, deployment, and measurement
• Experience dealing with and understanding supplier’s and buyer’s perspectives in a commercial context
• Experience with FLA, WRAP and/or other CSR related initiatives and certifications
• Ability to influence others, at all levels
• Highly effective collaborator and networker – able to build and manage complex relationships internally and externally
• Interpersonal skills and experience engaging with businesses, civil society groups and governments on long-term solutions to CSR challenges
• Familiarity with the global sustainability agenda and salient CSR issues
• Demonstrates ability to design new approaches to complex problems
• Outstanding communication skills with ability to represent the company to a wide range of external audiences
Benefits: The position offers the following benefits; 401k, medical, vision, dental, life insurance and long term disability coverage on the 1st day of the month after 60 days of employment.
• Medical and Vision Coverage: Antigua will reduce the associate premium in half by paying the same cost as the associates. The medical plan also has a health wellness program.
• Dental Coverage
• 12 days of PTO (Personal Time) within the first year.
• 40 hours of Sick Time, within a calendar year.
• 11 paid Holidays (5 Floating Holidays) within a calendar year.
• 50% discount on product.
• Life Insurance: Antigua provides the associates with $10,000 coverage.
• Long Term Disability: When meeting eligibility requirement Antigua’s provides 50% of the associates monthly salary.
All interested internal candidates must submit an in-house application. However, you may receive both applications from the Human Resources Department. For more details or questions please contact Yolonda, 623-523-6000 ext. 2344.
Job posted: 2022-05-14