Social Responsibility Impact Measurement & Reporting Senior Consultant
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
An integral part of the Corporate Brand department, The Allstate Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Allstate, focused on driving social impact. The Foundation works to create more prosperous communities where people are empowered to fulfill their hopes and dreams by inspiring the next generation of leaders, breaking the cycle of domestic violence, advancing racial equity, strengthening nonprofit leadership and encouraging employees and agents to be community leaders. The Foundation team is a talented, creative, passionate and strategic group of individuals who are research-based, outcomes-driven and social impact-focused.
The Social Responsibility Impact Measurement and Reporting Senior Consultant II will develop and implement best-in-class strategic social impact metric and reporting plans to effectively define, evaluate and capture the outcomes that Foundation programs are driving among nonprofit grantees and local communities. This role will also support integration efforts across the Foundation team, and other key Allstate teams, to ensure information is accurately and appropriately included in relevant workstreams, including external corporate social responsibility-related surveys.
- Social Impact Measurement: Partner with program teams to define ambitious yet achievable social impact pursuits. Develop ways to gather and analyze data that captures the strategic social impact outcomes that Foundation programs are driving. Ensure all outcome metrics and targets are viewed through a lens of equity and that data collection efforts are not overly burdensome on grantees.
- Data-driven Consultation and Planning: Lead annual strategic planning efforts across the Foundation. Provide recommendations to Foundation program teams to apply an analytical mindset to decision making. Lead relationships with internal and external measurement partners.
- Metric Reporting and Analyzing: Determine and deliver accurate metrics and qualitative impacts for a variety of internal and external reporting needs. Partner across the Corporate Brand department to evaluate the value of external sector surveys, gather and provide data for relevant surveys and coordinate responses across the Foundation team. Collaborate with the Foundation Operations team to support and/or lead impact reporting efforts, as needed.
- Support Strategic Grantmaking: Develop and implement a nonprofit organizational health assessment and support regular check-ins for grantees. Develop and implement a prospective partner screening protocol to assess where there may be alignment with the Foundation’s priorities.
- Relationship Management and Liaising: Serve as primary liaison between the Foundation and other internal measurement and analytic teams. Explore and understand existing internal measurement capabilities and make recommendations to Foundation program teams on those resources, as needed. Manage external measurement vendors, including scoping work, oversight of execution and procurement processes.
- Project Management: Work as part of a team in the development and execution of strategic measurement and reporting plans, and as needed on special projects. Work collaboratively and integrate with team members including across other teams as needed. Meet deadlines and adjust to shifting priorities.
Additionally, the Senior Consultant will be expected to help support the Foundation and Social Impact team as new and emerging data measurement and evaluation priorities arise.
Education and Experience
- 4-6 years of experience in a social impact or outcomes measurement and reporting role.
- Bachelor’s degree required and masters or certification desired, preferably in statistics, math, or in a field related to social impact outcomes measurement.
- Strong analytical skills, with a proven ability to prioritize, manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- CyberGrants and/or Benevity experience a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
- Measurement Strategy and Planning: Significant experience developing social impact outcomes measurement strategies and plans, including helping set objectives, outcomes and supporting tactics; ability to use data and analytics in planning and measurement for increasingly complex programs. Highly proficient in Excel.
- Interpersonal and Team Skills: Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, with some experience leading work/project teams. Can easily establish new relationships, build rapport and effectively and positively influence others. When needed, can serve as a liaison between the Foundation and other business areas. Can adapt behavior to engage and influence others. Contributes positively to team culture through attitude, presence and an embrace of inclusion, diversity and equity.
- Presentation and Verbal Communication Skills: Experience preparing presentations and/or other communications that effectively relay recommendations and processes. Effective verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex data processes in simple terms.
- Project Management: Ability to develop work plans that organize project work into discrete tasks, sequencing activities to achieve maximum efficiency. Able to adapt projects and programs based on feedback.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to see the strategic big picture and also distill broad efforts down to small details. Has the ability to ensure information is delivered accurately and within established deadlines.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Ability to anticipate operational/program issues and Identify preventative measures. Identifies, clarifies and resolves complex problems within own work area or team.
- Business Acumen: Applies strong understanding of industry practices and integrates subject matter knowledge with planning, program and projects.
The minimum salary for this position is $65,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-03