Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Solar Policy Analyst
Join the Solar For All Revolution!
At PosiGen, we are passionate about providing money saving solar and energy efficiency solutions for people of all income levels. We are seeking an equally passionate Policy Analyst to support our federal and state legislative and regulatory activities and strategy to develop, maintain and improve clean, resilient energy incentives, foster energy equity and promote customer choice.
Salary Range is $70,000 – $80,000
Must be flexible and able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed
Essential Job Functions
● Responsible for supporting day-to-day regulatory and legislative affairs in both new and existing markets, locally and nationally.
● Supports senior leadership in representation of company at state legislatures and in Congress to support or oppose legislation, lobby for funding and raise awareness about their organization
● Support in meetings with elected officials and their staff to advocate their organization’s position on important issues, develop policy initiatives, provide feedback about potential new laws and regulations, and discuss issues facing the industry
● Support Head of New Markets in direct residential solar market early stage through mid-stage development activities, including evaluations of incentives, legislative and regulatory landscapes, permitting and compliance policies, as well as the identification of potential market partners
● Monitor, develop reports and update the organization on policy developments
● Support development, consultation, and implementation of regulatory agendas with consulting lobbyists and supervisors to pursue proactive regulatory actions to protect and enhance assets
● Support both regional and national leadership in identification of community partners in new markets, outreach and key relationship building to support business growth and activation of community partners to enhance regulatory and legislative advocacy
● Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, journalism, business or similar field of study required; Master’s Degree preferred
● Minimum of 3 years of experience analyzing and/or supporting/opposing legislation, lobbying for funding and raising awareness about an organization
● Experience in solar or renewable energy preferred
● Demonstrated commitment to financial inclusion, social justice, and/or access to clean energy
● Must have valid state driver’s license and a clean driving record (example, no DUIs in the last 5 years)
PosiGen is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify the Office of Human Resources.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-12