Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Specialist, Community Relations
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
This role will support the Ball Foundation Team and will help coordinate community engagement efforts in Colorado and the larger United States; a key component of this function is to provide ongoing support to company employees and vet qualified non-profits for Ball’s online giving and volunteering tool, Benevity; measurement and regular reporting on community initiatives, foundation activities; supports internal and external communication of various community programs.
Supports corporate communications programs to:
- Enhance Ball Corporation’s reputation and brand, and drives community engagement efforts for the Company.
- Amplify the understanding and alignment of Company objectives, strategies and achievements, and supports community initiatives for the Company
- Act as a point of contact for our regional Global Community Ambassadors, helping coordinate global reporting and support of employee volunteerism efforts
Essential Responsible Areas:
This individual should demonstrate experience working with external partners, internal team leads, demonstrate project management skills, and inspire creativity to develop solutions through community engagement activities and relationship building. Have a passion for community outreach and support the business goal of being a best in class community partner.
- Contribute to the development of strategies, practices, and tools in support of company outreach and engagement to key stakeholders in the geographies and communities where Ball operates.
- Provides day-to-day systems support for Ball’s online employee giving and volunteer tool, Benevity. Includes assisting employees and engaging in regular dialogue with business and plant management. Provides training and helps to increase participation in Ball Community Ambassador Program.
- Supports the Manager, Community Relations with the company’s signature volunteer and philanthropic programs including Who We Are Month, Denver Hometown Heroes, employee engagement programs and help coordinate local plant recycling programs, etc.
- Handles the administration and cross-referencing of miscellaneous details for employee matching gifts program.
- Writes content tied to community messaging, social impact and reports.
- Supports the Community team to provide data and tracking Community and Sustainability colleagues to support sustainability data collection and reporting on an annual basis.
- Provides a high level of NGO/employee customer service, partnering with end-users in problem resolution associated with Benevity and external partners.
- Compile and maintain a database of key internal (Ball) and external (community) contacts and proposals.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience in communications, journalism, public relations
- 3-5 years of experience in non-profit or social impact profession
- A passion for corporate citizenship
- An agile and flexible thinker, with the ability to quickly learn new areas of the business
- An adept written and verbal communicator
- A resourceful self-starter, results and success-oriented, with the ability to ensure timely follow through
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and positive team player
- Ability to generate creative ideas and analyze and communicate complex information.
- Ability to partner with business functions; develop and execute communication plans to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships that foster customer service among individuals from within the Company as well as outside the Company.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and direct simultaneous projects.
- Must be flexible to last-minute changes and projects.
- Possess confidence and ability to work independently as well as in team dynamic.
- Understanding of community relations and/or corporate citizenship
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Experience working collaboratively across partners, associated agencies, and internal businesses
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 – $101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-02