Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Specialist, Corporate Social Responsibility
– This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As a Specialist for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), you will assist a Senior Manager and the Walt Disney World External Affairs team with making a world of difference in the Central Florida community. Successful cast members in this role have a passion for communications, strategy, research and analysis, project and data management, and possess a general understanding of the current CSR landscape. The role is expected to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Overall, the cast member in this role will enhance the positive company reputation with key stakeholders through creative storytelling, inform business and public affairs leaders of impact-driving successes through well-defined metrics and reporting, and collaboratively assist the External Affairs team with exceeding key business objectives.
- Collaboratively identify compelling stories and create well-crafted written and digital content that effectively communicates the company’s CSR progress, drawing on impact-driving successes.
- Partner with Walt Disney World Ambassador Team to create compelling and engaging cast member content for communication vehicles such as the Walt Disney World Ambassador Instagram account.
- Maintain and regularly update External Affairs website with timely messaging and content related to site-specific CSR efforts and activations.
- Ensure timely and accurate CSR-related data collection and analytics at the corporate and site level to monitor and assess progress towards achieving company goals.
- Manage and implement the qualitative and quantitative measurement of outcomes for CSR programs and initiatives.
- Create timely reports and summary briefs about the impact of the company’s CSR programs and initiatives, employee volunteerism, and corporate and in-kind giving.
- Provide research summaries, issues tracking, and trend analysis as needed for public affairs leadership and lines of business.
- Effectively manage schedule, produce timely correspondence, and fulfill other administrative duties as assigned by leadership.
- At least 1-2 years of experience creating communications used across multiple channels
- Established knowledge and familiarity with social responsibility/social impact initiatives, community engagement and/or working with or for non-profit organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and passion for service to others.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem solving skills and partnering/networking skills.
- Excellent written communication skills with an ability to summarize key messages concisely.
- Ability to work independently but also collaborate as an effective team member.
- High level of corporate professionalism with disciplined organizational skills in all aspects of job performance with a strong attention to detail as well as discernment with confidential subject matter.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience participating in volunteer activities within the community
- Bilingual or multi-lingual preferred; ability to write and speak Spanish is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalency
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Job posted: 2022-10-25