Specialist, Field Outreach and Education
The Almond Board of California is looking to add a new member to our Field Outreach and Education team in our Global Communications department. This is a remote role working out of your home in the southern Central Valley, preferably in the Fresno vicinity. The principal focus of this position is outreach and education to accelerate grower adoption of almond orchard best management practices to help ensure that California almond production remains an economically, environmentally and socially responsible crop. This position will work with growers to improve almond growing practices through one-on-one grower visits, virtual visits, group in-the-orchard events, and other outreach activities within the southern Central Valley.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engage with growers through orchard visits and field events and connect them to ABC resources including the California Almond Sustainability Program (CASP).
- Assist in planning and managing outreach activities, and represent ABC at events including field days, seminars, CASP workshops, Almond Leadership Program meetings, food safety workshops, water use efficiency workshops, agriculture trade shows, etc.
- Disseminate best practices information developed by the Research and Innovation department to growers, using outreach methods that drive adoption and are responsive to grower needs.
- Coordinate with UCCE ANR, country farm advisors, and other local subject matter experts to conduct grower workshops with a focus within the Central Valley.
- Coordinate with ABC staff to identify appropriate internal and/or external workshop speakers.
Our ideal candidate requirements:
- A BA/BS degree in agricultural sciences, communications, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in sales or business development preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience with Pest Management (IPM) Principles or Irrigation Systems/Technology required. PCA/CCA certification a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience displaying effective interpersonal and presentation skills in capacities such as teaching, customer service, outreach or sales.
Important details for this role:
- This position includes extensive driving throughout Northern California. This requires possession of a valid California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- This role requires attending and participating in industry related activities outside normal working hours when needed, flexibility will be key.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-26