Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
SPECIALIST, NORTH AMERICA PUBLIC POLICY
Mastercard’s Public Policy team protects and defends Mastercard’s reputational and legislative interests in markets around the world. We build programs that earn the goodwill of governments, policymakers, financial institutions, merchants, and consumers through direct policymaker engagements and public-private partnerships. Our aim is to build a platform for policies around the world that support Mastercard’s business priorities.
The Specialist, North America Public Policy reports directly to the Senior Vice President & Head of Government Affairs, North America and is based in our Washington DC office. This role forms part of the team driving Mastercard’s public policy advocacy efforts in the North America.
- Perform general administrative duties to support day-to-day department operations, including: schedule meetings for manager; manage incoming phone calls; arrange travel; stay on top of various office deadlines; file expense reports; and, help maintain an organized library of advocacy materials.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to schedule and drive meetings, calls, presentations, and engagements for manager
- Assist in the development of talking points and materials to be used in both internal communications and external outreach initiatives
- Edit PowerPoint presentations
- Contribute to the development and execution of special projects to ensure the efficient and consistent operations of the team
- Organize events such as conferences, industry presentations, and fundraisers
- Perform analyses to assist manager in strategic planning
- Monitor and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as all external lobbying reporting requirements
- Interact with corporate and business units to establish a timely reporting structure for both internal and external compliance-related obligations (i.e. LD2 reporting, Business Continuity, Supplier Management)
- Track PAC-related activity
- Work with internal clients to ensure compliance with all vendors and maintain accurate records for reporting
- Closely track associations and membership payments and engagements
All About You
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative thinker with an ability to solve problems and complete complex tasks
- Intellectually curious
- Thrives under pressure and tight-timelines
- Operates with a sense of urgency and integrity at all times
- The ability to work in and be an integral part of an action-oriented, decision-making environment
- Willing to go the extra mile to complete a job flawlessly, even when not specifically asked by management
- Welcomes challenges
- Takes pride in the success of the team
Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 15, 2017