Specialist, Political Affairs
The Political Affairs Specialist reports directly to the Senior Manager of Political Affairs and supports the entire Political Affairs team. The person will be required to perform a wide variety of tasks pertinent to Comcast’s overall political activities, compliance responsibilities, and disclosure obligations, including those which are clerical and/or administrative in nature.
- Assisting with maintenance and implementation of processes designed to meet organizational compliance objectives pertaining to campaign finance law, lobbying reporting, government ethics, conflicts of interest, and other political activities
- Collaborating with Political Affairs team members to further department’s goals and priorities
- Assisting in annual solicitations for Comcast’s Political Action Committees
- Supporting the preparation and distribution of PAC communications
- Supporting charitable PAC Match program
- Assisting in political contribution processing and recordkeeping (PAC and Corporate contributions)
- Maintaining internal data and improve data integrity
- Assisting in data reconciliations, audits, and research
- Assisting in regulatory disclosure process
- Aiding in execution of fundraising events
- Developing and editing documents, correspondence, presentation materials, memoranda, and meeting notes (which may include highly confidential information)
- Assisting with and/or assume responsibility for special projects as assigned
Other Requirements and Competencies:
- Strong aptitude to learn from experiences, adapt to changing expectations, and constantly aim to grow
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong interest in complex problem solving
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment, integrity, and discretion in matters of significance
- Willingness and initiative to take on additional/new assignments and responsibilities;
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Interest in the political process and compliance;
- Ability to interact with PAC members and other employees with professionalism
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance
- Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Minimum Requirements and Technical Competencies:
Bachelor’s degree required
Mastery of office systems, skills, and software including MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required;
1-5 years of related experience
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Job posted: 2021-04-19