Specialist, Political Programs
Basic Function of the Job: The Specialist will provide extensive operational and administrative support for events hosted in CTA’s Innovation House. The Specialist will have extensive venue logistics responsibilities including building and maintaining relationships with key event personnel and vendors. The Specialist will communicate and coordinate with event personal and vendors to develop, organize and implement processes and systems to ensure smooth and efficient venue operation.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with event personnel (internal and external) and vendors to ensure seamless operations leading up to and throughout events.
- Prepare the Innovation House for events, including overseeing event set-up and tear-down as needed.
- Coordinate with CTA finance department staff and event personnel to provide house usage agreements, invoices, and conduct necessary follow up with internal and external parties on these items.
- Coordinate with CTA Government and Legal Affairs, as well as with other departments within CTA, on programming at the Innovation House.
- Develop, organize, and implement processes and systems to ensure smooth and efficient use of venue operations as well as new ways to leverage and utilize the house.
- Monitor and assist with development and execution of the Innovation House budget.
- Build and maintain relationships with key event personnel and vendors.
- Maintain the Innovation House facility including greeting vendors and contractors, coordinating with building management company and Finance on repairs to facility, troubleshoot issues with facility and equipment.
- Assist Government and Legal Affairs team on administering ‘Lobby Days’, CES on the Hill, CES programming and other events as needed.
- Monitor and assist Government and Legal Affairs team on overseeing relevant budgetary needs.
- Coordinate CTA GAC meetings, conference calls, and updates including the timely posting of meeting notices, minutes, and agendas.
- Coordinate CTA policy-related events, including policy briefings and receptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in Government Affairs, on Capitol Hill or in a Legislative environment.
- Experience working on event logistics and working with external vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy preferred or commensurate experience.
- Highly organized self-starter who can work independently with minimal level of supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must exercise strong judgment
- Ability to work early morning and late evening events
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Budget and Staff:
- Monitoring Innovation House budget
- Management of Intern
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-01-17