Specialist Public Relations – North America
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world’s third largest leading premium spirits company … where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets – our premium spirits and our people – we’re driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Specialist Public Relations – North America
The following position is open in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
- This is one of the most exciting roles in the PR industry – an opportunity to support some of the most iconic, fastest-growing and exciting spirits brands, and within some of the most dynamic global markets
- The spirits industry is an exciting, dynamic and fast-paced business. Beam Suntory is the world’s 3rd and United States’ 2nd largest spirits company; the #1 producer of Bourbon and Japanese Whisky; the #2 player in Tequila; the only spirits company to boast products in all five major whiskey categories (Bourbon, Scotch, Irish, Canadian and Japanese); producer of numerous successful products in the fast-growing Ready-To-Drink category; and a company that’s enriched with 226 years of family tradition and heritage
- The company truly values Public Relations and empowers the PR team to deliver creative, breakthrough and innovative programming for our exciting brands
- Unique opportunity to work on multi-category brands, to set and implement PR strategies and to collaborate closely with some of the most talented marketers in the industry
Develop and implement high-impact North American Brand Public Relations strategies, including advanced use of social media, event marketing, influencer marketing and media relations for select brands in the Beam Suntory portfolio.
- Develop public relations strategies and drive programs in support of annual brand plans and strategic brand growth drivers and objectives
- Collaborate closely with Global PR team to deliver national/regional programming informed by global strategy
- Maintain strong, positive consumer and trade media relations on behalf of the brands and company, and cultivate relationships with key journalists and influencers.
- Develop news-worthy pitches and media angles and generate news and “buzz-worthy” content in traditional, digital and social media platforms, and collaborate closely with Social Media team on integrated PR programming
- Effectively manage national public relations agencies on assigned brands throughout all phases, from creative development through program execution and evaluation. Work with Global PR Team and North American Brand Teams to develop scope-of-work for public relations agencies
- Develop and manage earned social influencer strategy in collaboration with the Social Media Team
- Prepare public relations budgets for assigned brands in conjunction with yearly planning process and program development. Manage approved budgets
- Write media releases, correspondence, speeches and presentations on assigned brands and Company issues. Contribute to Company intranet, extranet and social channels with content in collaboration with Corporate Communications team
- Establish and maintain open communications and close working relationships with all critical departments, including Sales, Global and Regional Marketing, cross-functional marketing teams, key retailers, distributors and bartenders
- Make periodic trips into the field to update trade knowledge and manage PR programs
- Deliver presentations at sales and marketing meetings. Assist brand groups in developing presentations for sales and marketing meetings. Attend brand team and respective agency meetings
- Define, evaluate and showcase success of brand public relations programs
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in business, public relations, journalism or related discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years public relations experience; consumer packaged goods (CPG) experience in either an agency or corporate setting preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, expertise and strong background in Social Media.
- Strong media relations experience
- Proven ability to collaborate, work in cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and thrive in a rapid-paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20 percent of the time, which includes visits to distilleries, brand homeplaces and key commercial markets
- Chicago-based role with flexibility to work remotely up to 40% of the time
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Job posted: 2021-08-23