Specialist, Regulatory Affairs
Food people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our goal is to continue to provide more nutritious foods, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact. Joining Nestlé means you can make an impact on an enormous scale!
Let’s challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. We need to grow as a company and bring an intensity to our work that puts our competitors on notice. We must work as one team under one Nestlé brand, leading innovation across the organization, and empowering our employees to succeed in the workplace and beyond. We’ll win — and we’ll do it the right way.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward advancing your career, discover how Nestlé is transforming beyond confections and embracing our entrepreneurial culture & redefining our ways of winning. Are you ready to make your impact?
Regulatory compliance assessment; Label development and approvals; External engagement and influencing
- We are looking for professionals with Regulatory (Quality, and/or technical) experience, a practical eye for business compliance, and keen ability to get results.
- Contribute to innovation and renovation projects and ensure compliance by design of raw materials, recipes, labels and other product communications (Smart Label, eCommerce). This role may also work on harmonization projects and ensure import feasibility for raw materials and recipes.
- Ensure compliance by design of labels and other product communications (Smart Label, eCommerce) .
- Develop components of product label including ingredient statement, allergen declaration, nutrition facts panel, net weight statement and claims, which meet government requirements, and standards of identity.
- Collaborate with and provide mentorship to cross-functional partners for project teams, including marketing, legal, nutrition, health and wellness, and product development.
- Monitor the regulatory environment, local and international for assigned product category and topic area to assess impact on our products and business; and implement changes as needed within compliance period
- Engage with authorities, agencies and/or trade associations to represent Nestlé positions
- Communicate and contribute effectively to the foundation of our team by maintaining compliance tools, updating policies and procedures, and striving for continuous improvement.
Requirements And Minimum Education Level
Requires BS/BA, preferably in nutrition and/or food science; MS/MA preferred. BS/BA in another field with 3-5 years relevant regulatory experience in the food industry could be considered.
2+ years experience in the food industry, primarily in regulatory affairs, regulatory compliance, food labeling, nutrition or product development.
- Results-oriented colleague capable of working in a fast-paced environment with varied and changing priorities.
- Organized and detailed, with proven analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, along with influencing and negotiation skills, process knowledge in functional area, and an ability to communicate regulatory and technical issues in clear, concise terms to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of FDA food labeling regulations and documentation requirements. For our Global Brands, a broad knowledge of food labeling regulations for Latin America, Europe and Asia is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Proficiency in Spanish desired
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-19