Specialist/Senior Specialist, Community Management and Advocacy
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
American is looking to expand our social media team to lead and transform how we connect with customers and team members, evolve our content strategy, and blaze new trails in the social space. We’re looking for an energetic and driven community manager to drive programs that expand our audience, engage our followers and promote our brand. In this role, you’ll use your unique ability to form relationships to identify customers and team members who represent our values and brand across our social channels. You’ll support the development of programs that humanize our leadership, increase brand awareness and amplify moments that matter. If you love social trends, discovering hidden story gems and promoting travel, this position is ideal for you.
What you’ll do
- Proven track record of social media community building and promoting engagement around relevant content
- Develop the strategy to enable our customers (and team members) to be our best amplifiers and champions
- Create a strong community of engaged advocates to increase the connection of the brand with followers
- Collaborate with the content teams to ensure content meets community engagement strategy goals
- Participate in managing the social content calendar and writing/editing copy for social channels
- Work with channel strategy specialist to prepare reports on community engagement and metrics
- Curate and communicate content to leadership team members for them to amplify in their social channels
- Proactively provide leadership with best practice recommendations and insights to increase social presence
- Identify internal and external influencers/advocates and seek user generated content in support of messaging
- Track efficacy of the brand advocate program
- Ensure advocacy efforts consistently grow the audience, individual executive presence and meet social goals
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3+ years direct relevant social media management
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Thorough understanding of current social media trends
- Proven success of developing and implementing successful social media programs and communities
- Some knowledge and expertise in Sprout and Bambu
- Exceptional writing and grammatical skills with a flair for social speak
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization and presentation skills
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with diverse cross-functional teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe Spark and/or InDesign desired
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 40569
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-09